SRT Hellcat Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Muscle car

My dealer only wanted to offer me $30K for this beautiful 2012 Challenger SRT8 and I told them to stick it. I got $33K from CarMax.

BKuz

Reactions: 630
Discussion starter · #62 ·
Wait: Caren and tsc are married? That's cool (don't get me wrong); I just think it is interesting...
LOL, RoyG, yes we are! For 10 years. :) (Together for 17 total)

Reactions: 630
Can't write sales tax off anymore as of 2014 :( At least not in Texas

I agree, I don't think they can do that. So I did go look at the POC and the MSRP is cheaper than the the option price, so they must back it out. (so they could add it to the total). So, I'm off the ceiling a little now...

Was also thinking about the trade in vs. selling outright and losing that tax advantage, but at Tammie points out, we can deduct the sales tax on our state taxes. Makes that wash.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Yup - I remember the question; I was thinking in terms of general Hellcat couples not forum ones - but it is very cool! I am not sure Caren's penchant for muscle cars leaves a smaller wallet dent than my wife's affinity for jewelry...
Oh, but I like jewelry too. And makeup...and purses...and shoes... :oops:

Oh, but I like jewelry too. And makeup...and purses...and shoes... :oops:
Oh man, tsc is really in trouble! (But I guess he figured that out by now). If you really like jewelry I would be happy to PM you a link (I don't think I am allowed to post it) to my Flickr site with (a small part of) my wife's collection - almost all "vintage" (she is not a fan of modern). For aficionados it is a fun collection to look at...

Oh man, tsc is really in trouble! (But I guess he figured that out by now). If you really like jewelry I would be happy to PM you a link (I don't think I am allowed to post it) to my Flickr site with (a small part of) my wife's collection - almost all "vintage" (she is not a fan of modern). For aficionados it is a fun collection to look at...
I'd like to see the collection, my gf loves vintage crap, I mean stuff....no I meant crap. PM to me please.

I am not huge on the clothes, shoes, makeup, purses, jewelry ... my husband tells everyone that I am low maintenance. The only problem is that the toys I like are expensive. Cars, guns, computers, etc. ... he likes those things, too, so we have to buy them in duplicate. That gets expensive fast, poor Marty. LOL!

April

April77,

You sound like my wife! She didn't want flowers or candy for Valentine's Day. This is what she wanted and I bought it for her: 380 S&W Bodyguard. She was very happy with her present.

BKuz

April77,

You sound like my wife! She didn't want flowers or candy for Valentine's Day. This is what she wanted and I bought it for her: 380 S&W Bodyguard. She was very happy with her present.

BKuz
I was just looking at one of these.

I traded in my 2012 Challenger SRT8 with 31k miles on it. After all was said and done, I got about 30k for the car alone. I sold the supercharger separately. They hit you a little bit on the trade because they usually pay what auctions are bringing in, but you do get a tax savings on the Hellcat, so that adds to the overall amount you get towards the new car. Winter is a tough time to sell a car like this as well, so it was much easier.

I traded in my 2012 Challenger SRT8 with 31k miles on it. After all was said and done, I got about 30k for the car alone. I sold the supercharger separately. They hit you a little bit on the trade because they usually pay what auctions are bringing in, but you do get a tax savings on the Hellcat, so that adds to the overall amount you get towards the new car. Winter is a tough time to sell a car like this as well, so it was much easier.
I was going to trade my 09 srt8..but my next door neighbor asked me what I was going to do with the car, and offered me 33k for the car.I sold it on the spot!

Goingsolo2,

What part of Long Island? I have relatives in Bethpage and Hempstead.

BKuz

I was going to trade my 09 srt8..but my next door neighbor asked me what I was going to do with the car, and offered me 33k for the car.I sold it on the spot!
Wow that's great!!! I would have done the same!!! That's a great price for an 09. Congrats!

Goingsolo2,

What part of Long Island? I have relatives in Bethpage and Hempstead.

BKuz
I am in Massapequa...about 15 minutes from Bethpage and 30 from Hempstead.

Reactions: BKuz
61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.