SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing new DSS DS first noticed Barton shifter not centered in the tunnel cutout, black mounting leg touching drivers side of opening. Then when putting the new DS in noticed it is 1/2” away from passenger side of tunnel and about 1 1/2” space on drivers side. Motor or tranny mount going south? 16 M6 , 11,000 miles, 3500 since stepping up to about 825 wheel. Suggestions??

DC076B6D-064F-4B56-BB60-6C7F55F16C8F.jpeg
25C0C152-3853-47B6-B45E-1787F1672EF3.jpeg

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I’m going to loosen up all the trans mounting bolts and cross member and see if I can get it to shift over any at all, s 1/4” even would make me happier.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not exactly centered ingest Heat shield but ample clearance from it.

I’ll have to look a rotation direction tonight

Guess I’ll take it out tonight and load it up and see if it rubs

PS, speaking of heat shield, sucks to have exhaust system back up, alone mind you, then look over and see heat shield on floor still :(
That SUCKED lol

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ran it last night, smooth except in area 75-80 you can feel it in the seat but not in the shifter and again at 130 started again. Going to index the shaft 180 degrees at the diff end tonight and see if it changes. Will also look at front end to see if it rubbed or not.

Anyone know the vendor who makes the 2 piece beefed up version for big bucks? I may try one as I’d like perfectly smooth even at 150 but don’t think that is realistic expectation with a 1 piece shaft no matter the brand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
705 Posts
Try indexing it 90 that helped with my G Force, unfortunately that meant re indexing the adapter 90 PI #[email protected]$& TA ;) I think Bad Boyz has the 2 piece but it is like $3K !!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
450 Posts
Ran it last night, smooth except in area 75-80 you can feel it in the seat but not in the shifter and again at 130 started again. Going to index the shaft 180 degrees at the diff end tonight and see if it changes. Will also look at front end to see if it rubbed or not.

Anyone know the vendor who makes the 2 piece beefed up version for big bucks? I may try one as I’d like perfectly smooth even at 150 but don’t think that is realistic expectation with a 1 piece shaft no matter the brand.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice!! But a bit too pricey for at the moment. Think I’ll try a Wilies shaft and see which I like better??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
705 Posts
Where did you do the 90 index, front or back? I was thinking of trying that on the front?
I did the back, the yellow dots were 90 degrees out, the g force has u joints on both ends. I also removed my brace as I also have the BMR rear cradle and diff bushing lockouts. I also have an S & M DS loop in the front.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
172 Posts
While installing new DSS DS first noticed Barton shifter not centered in the tunnel cutout, black mounting leg touching drivers side of opening. Then when putting the new DS in noticed it is 1/2” away from passenger side of tunnel and about 1 1/2” space on drivers side. Motor or tranny mount going south? 16 M6 , 11,000 miles, 3500 since stepping up to about 825 wheel. Suggestions??

View attachment 544449 View attachment 544450
My Redeye is same as yours.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info, RE new so has to be a reason for the offset in the tunnel?
I
image.jpg
image.jpg
Have tranny out now, swapping in the Tranzilla, will check out motor mounts etc while under here. Waiting in new Wilies drive shaft which should arrive mid week and see which I like better it or the DSS

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock clutch still looks and smells good for 11,000 miles of “spirited” use
It will get changed to a RXT1200 and the QUICK TIME Scatter shield when engine comes out. Right now I just want to see how the lower ratio trans feels before winter and since waiting on a DS our came tranny lol
1CDFC51F-4139-4945-831F-0049D366348B.jpeg
B926314D-22F0-426A-A563-7979825AEB73.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,573 Posts
@16GoManGoHC Did you ever figure out why the DS was off center? Mine looked like that too after I installed a DSS aluminum on a M6 2016 HC. I thought I did something wrong or I was mistakenly sold an A8 shaft instead. Mine took some "convincing" to get it to sit in place. I drove around the block and then parked it. I haven't touched it since. (For other unrelated reasons)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was able to get it more centered by moving trans in its mounts some before tightening down but never got it right on center. Under load it does twist towards the drivers side which puts it more in center. Have a Wiles DS in place now, no issues with rubbing vibration or anything so running it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey @16GoManGoHC I noticed the same on both a 16 and 19 m6. I dont think they are center lined. BUT, if you look at the motor mounts you can shift it a bit.. not sure I would though. If the line from out put shaft on trans lines up with input on the difff.... I mean, guess thats how it should be. Just because a body stamping is not perfect centerline with a drive shaft means not much right? The big thing is center line with out put to input from trans to diff I would think.

Ok, back to my Imperial IPA.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
642 Posts
I wouldn’t shift stuff around Charger or challenger they are made like that. I have ones with 3 miles right off the truck that look the same way. It is normal and mfg that way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts