SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some tree sap got onto the vinyl stripes on the hood of my 2017 Charger HC.
Anyone have any ideas how to remove the sap without damaging the vinyl?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies.

I found a website that gives a lot of good information on vinyl wraps.

For tree sap - Should be cleaned quickly.
Denatured alcohol or isopropyl alcohol 2 parts and water one part. That's pretty simple and cheap.

Sadly, the sap dried months ago and is hard.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
879 Posts
Depends on the vinyl... if factory vinyl... honestly.... water. Soak it with water. Remove gently with the softest, thickest cloth you can find. If that doesn't work, as others have mentioned, try the diluted iso-alcohol. If that doesn't work, try diluted Goo Gone.

If it's a custom deal, it will depend on the vinyl quality and what coating is on top of the vinyl. In addition, it will also depend on how old the vinyl is. Newer vinyl is more pliable and can heal to a degree from things like this with GENTLE heat treatment. Vinyl that's 3+ years old, no such luck usually.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had trouble getting tree sap off my daily. Haven't tried wd-40, so will give that a shot

·
Registered
51 Posts
It works great to get all kinds of stuff and rubber off the car. Will not hurt paint. Keep away from black plastic it will darken it.

Robert

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
290 Posts
Rubbing Alcohol works on sap for me.

Recently had to remove a bunch of dried tree sap from my daughter’s truck… on paint and decals. Getting the towel wet with rubbing alcohol and holding it on the spots for a while softened it enough to rub right off.

Pure Magic… good all-around cleaner for road tar, etc.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
Naptha is my go-to cleaner, but since tree sap is water soluble, that and soap. The quicker the better with sap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts