SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Tried to Build a Hellcat Not good

7542 73
So i can order cars from home. So I tried to build a hellcat challenger. A8 is on restriction and can not order, and Black hood no longer comes up to pick as a option.

Looks like parts are getting slim :(
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
Uh Oh! Wish you had a way to check lead-times on parts that are back ordered, etc. That would help to know if peeps should consider making changes that can to move their order along if they desired.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
So i can order cars from home. So I tried to build a hellcat challenger. A8 is on restriction and can not order, and Black hood no longer comes up to pick as a option.

Did they run out of A8? I don't think it is unique to just the Hellcat is it? I thought the 392 had the same one. That is just crazy.o_O Did you not have yours ordered yet? I thought you did... The M6 totally rocks! It's not a hardship unless you drive in traffic a lot.:)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did they run out of A8? I don't think it is unique to just the Hellcat is it? I thought the 392 had the same one. That is just crazy.o_O Did you not have yours ordered yet? I thought you did... The M6 totally rocks! It's not a hardship unless you drive in traffic a lot.:)
Hellcat has a different A8 than the 392. Mine is on the way already built

I want ET at drag strip that's why I got the A8, and I broke 2 tr6060 6 speeds all ready.

·
Browncoats Unite
Challenger SRT Redeye
1,519 Posts
Before everyone panics and false rumors get started, if the A8 is on restriction, is that only for NEW orders being entered now, or does it affect orders that would already be entered and sitting BX status? In another thread, someone posted their BX order has dropped back to BG status. Could this be affecting that order? If a car already has a VIN assigned, does that mean their A8 has already been planned and accounted for? Could there simply be a glitch in the ordering system and not a shortage of transmissions? Could there simply be a delay in a train or truck shipping built transmissions to Brampton? Anyway to know how many transmissions are on hand at the factory waiting to be installed? Maybe ten of them or maybe 1000?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts
I just went to build a dodge.com, and built a challenger with the A8 trans, No issues...Cant even built a Charger hellcat online
It's not the dodge.com site he's having these issues with, it's the Dodge internal ordering system

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts

Try ordering a Charger and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Torque flight for 392? Hmm

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
389 Posts
Before everyone panics and false rumors get started, if the A8 is on restriction, is that only for NEW orders being entered now, or does it affect orders that would already be entered and sitting BX status? In another thread, someone posted their BX order has dropped back to BG status. Could this be affecting that order? If a car already has a VIN assigned, does that mean their A8 has already been planned and accounted for? Could there simply be a glitch in the ordering system and not a shortage of transmissions? Could there simply be a delay in a train or truck shipping built transmissions to Brampton? Anyway to know how many transmissions are on hand at the factory waiting to be installed? Maybe ten of them or maybe 1000?
We need to ask RS about this.. I want to know about the cars that are scheduled with a build date, are they going to be delayed now? That seems kind of hard to believe, you would think that they would only give build dates out knowing they have all parts ready to go..I have to assume its for production that has yet to be scheduled with a build date.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
We need to ask RS about this.. I want to know about the cars that are scheduled with a build date, are they going to be delayed now? That seems kind of hard to believe, you would think that they would only give build dates out knowing they have all parts ready to go..I have to assume its for production that has yet to be scheduled with a build date.
I doubt RS can respond to any issues, not part of his job description.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
353 Posts
interesting in that I posted yesterday some dealer called me to ask if I'd already ordered one because there are issues with A8. claims dodge told him that... could he have been right???

and i've got same concern i.e. for those of us at d1 or better are we going to be OK?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
389 Posts
I would think with his ability that he would be able to tell us if something as big as the Automatic Transmissions are on restriction or not..lol
He seemed to know about the Satin black hood and every other little intricacy.. lol

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.