SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of MX4's for my Cat about 2 months ago and wanted t wait until I got my car lowered until I posted some pics. I'm running 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 MX4's with Nitto NT05 275/40 fronts and 315/35 rears. I also have 2 18" MX4's with Mickey Thompson ET Streets 305/45 but have not installed them yet. But here are some pics of the 20's.

Biz at Triumph is truly one of the nicest and most informative guys you will ever talk to. He knows his stuff about wheels for out Hellcats. Truly a pleasure to deal with him. Sorry for the late props Biz but just wanted my cat to look the way I wanted before posting these pics. Thanks again man!

P.S. I'll get some pics up of the 18's asap!

AD_083016_003_resize.jpg
AD_083016_010_resize.jpg

·
Vendor
1,603 Posts
YES!! Thanks buddy, was so looking forward to seeing pics of your HC ;)

Ride looks great :cool: thank you once again for trusting us with the making on your custom wheels. Now go have some fun, enjoy the ride and please post pics when 18" are on :)

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I bought a set of MX4's for my Cat about 2 months ago and wanted t wait until I got my car lowered until I posted some pics. I'm running 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 MX4's with Nitto NT05 275/40 fronts and 315/35 rears. I also have 2 18" MX4's with Mickey Thompson ET Streets 305/45 but have not installed them yet. But here are some pics of the 20's.

Biz at Triumph is truly one of the nicest and most informative guys you will ever talk to. He knows his stuff about wheels for out Hellcats. Truly a pleasure to deal with him. Sorry for the late props Biz but just wanted my cat to look the way I wanted before posting these pics. Thanks again man!

View attachment 69361 View attachment 69369

Very Sharp !!,....IMO, The Hellcat Challenger is both Great Looking, And Ominously Great Looking !!..( HUH ???)..LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
Your Cat looks great ! Love the color and the stance of your Challenger. Met Biz at the Nats and he is hooking me up with MX4's on the rear of my Hellcat Charger. What a nice guy. Take care.

·
NYS President
9,004 Posts

The car looks great and the lowering is really nice.

·
Premium Member
7,802 Posts
It is going to stick out. I would use it on a road course. Depends on where it finally rests. Biz will need to do what he can with the three piece idea. I'll leave it up to him, he knows where the limit is up there for offset. I think the inside edge of a 10" is close to where the 9.5" is now may be just a touch more outside for a bit of a bulge. Someone will need to figureout the worst case of a 305/35 bulge on a 10" is and go from there.

·
Vendor
1,603 Posts
Biz any word about a 11 inch one piece forged wheel for the back of the cats?
Bam Bam
What about a 2pc? we are about to release our 18x6 skinnies and have inventory now available to make the 11" rears. The 1pc will be available mid November.

Your Cat looks great ! Love the color and the stance of your Challenger. Met Biz at the Nats and he is hooking me up with MX4's on the rear of my Hellcat Charger. What a nice guy. Take care.
Hi GOMER, It was such a pleasure meeting you in Ohio. Your MX4 are at powder coat and will ship out right after the holiday :)

Biz we are all waiting for you to come out with and 11 inch rim :p
Baby girl
We have a 3pc now available and working on our 2pc soon to be release. The MX4 will be the first with others to follow ;)

The car looks great and the lowering is really nice.
Agreed
Biz! 11 out back, 10's in the front. Wants to wear 305/35's all around. Let us know when your done.
Will do, waiting to make the adjustment on the rear pads.

It is going to stick out. I would use it on a road course. Depends on where it finally rests. Biz will need to do what he can with the three piece idea. I'll leave it up to him, he knows where the limit is up there for offset. I think the inside edge of a 10" is close to where the 9.5" is now may be just a touch more outside for a bit of a bulge. Someone will need to figureout the worst case of a 305/35 bulge on a 10" is and go from there.
Yes it will. We are working on a new non-staggered set up for the road course to accommodate the 305's should have an update within the next two weeks :)

·
Registered
565 Posts

My MX 4's are gonna be enroute soon. Just curious how closely they matched the OE? I only ordered the rears.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much have you lowered the car and did you need to change your driving style after you did it? I want to lower 1" myself
My rear was lowered from 29.5 to 28 5/8. The front from 29.5 to 29 3/8. I'm sure they have settled some since but I havn't measured. No I have not really changed my driving style at all. Just a little more conscious of pulling in driveways and parking lots but I have not encountered any problems as of yet. The suspension feels just slightly stiffer but still cushy enough in Street mode.

If you want just a straight 1 inch drop I'd suggest going with the Mopar Springs and save some money. I went with the KW Adjustable coilovers but they are a set it and forget it deal. I was told they were a real pain in the ass to adjust and get what you want. In hindsight I would go with the Mopar Springs because I'm never gonna do any adjusting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My rear was lowered from 29.5 to 28 5/8. The front from 29.5 to 29 3/8. I'm sure they have settled some since but I havn't measured. No I have not really changed my driving style at all. Just a little more conscious of pulling in driveways and parking lots but I have not encountered any problems as of yet. The suspension feels just slightly stiffer but still cushy enough in Street mode.

If you want just a straight 1 inch drop I'd suggest going with the Mopar Springs and save some money. I went with the KW Adjustable coilovers but they are a set it and forget it deal. I was told they were a real pain in the ass to adjust and get what you want. In hindsight I would go with the Mopar Springs because I'm never gonna do any adjusting.
That's exactly what I wanted to go for. Thanks for clearing that up. Your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would agree with Shadow above - if you want a simple, set-it-and-forget-it lowering, go with the Mopar springs. Car will look great and handle nicely - I put them on my wife's 300SRT. Just be forewarned - our cars are not exactly level at all 4 corners stock. Measure the distance from the top of your rim to the highest point (center) of your wheel well. Compare side to side. All 4 of my cars were at least 1/2" off from side to side. The Mopar springs will not correct this - you will still be off, just an inch or so lower all around. If that doesn't bother you - Happy Days.

Only if you're fussy/picky/anal like me, and you want the gaps exactly the same side to side, or if you want to lower your car more or less than an inch, should you go with the KW setup (or airbags) like I did.
Another warning though - if you change the side to side spring height to level your car (assuming it wasn't level to begin with), you will have uneven preload on your swaybars. This can be easily corrected however with a set of adjustable swaybar endlinks, like the ones from Speedlogix.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts