SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Just ordered 2021 Challenger Redeye
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
So I am looking to order a HC Redeye, but I have never ordered a vehicle before. I went to my local big box dealer and was trying to get some basic information. Like what’s the required deposit, is there a dealer mark up, you know the basics. I wasn’t able to get any of that. I was also trying to get a ballpark of delivery dates after ordering. If any of you can shed some light on these questions for me, that would be amazing!! I’ll take anything you guys can give me.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
A lot of dealers want a non refundable deposit. Some will do it as refundable. Mine wanted a non refundable $500 deposit which I had no problem with tbh. Mark up? Oh hell no. Nope. No way. Uh uh.
Normally delivery is roughly eight weeks or so but now with the chip shortage that time frame will likely be longer.

Reactions: Gotgap

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,575 Posts
Where are you located and are you willing to travel for the best deal?

Reactions: Gotgap

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
821 Posts
^^^^^ if so, call Jake at Dan Cummins in Ky. They are still doing pretty good discounts. I had a $3000 non refundable deposit. Which was fine by me, I got a Hell of a deal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you definitely shouldn’t pay over msrp. For comparison, I ordered a Charger HC Redeye and got 5k off of msrp + whatever incentive is running at the time of delivery.

Now at least in my area, the two dealerships that said they could get it said that allocation for the car wouldn’t be until June - so I’d be looking at July-September delivery. One wanted a 3k deposit refundable, the other said it would be non-refundable.

this was also my first order. I am surprised at the various experiences reported as they seem all over the map. Butthe biggest surprise was that after talking with eight dealerships, none could do better in deliver other than a vague end of summer. Even the July September date is a guess. But the two dealerships I narrowed down to we’re at least up front about tans told me how they came to that conclusion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot of dealers want a non refundable deposit. Some will do it as refundable. Mine wanted a non refundable $500 deposit which I had no problem with tbh. Mark up? Oh hell no. Nope. No way. Uh uh.
Normally delivery is roughly eight weeks or so but now with the chip shortage that time frame will likely be longer.
That’s what I had heard that it was taking longer. He told me 12-16 weeks maybe longer. I asked if the build price was the price I was going to be paying and he wouldn’t give me a straight answer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you located and are you willing to travel for the best deal?
Located in Jacksonville fl. Willing to travel to a point, but I don’t want to have to ship it home or drive it back and put a bunch of miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
That’s what I had heard that it was taking longer. He told me 12-16 weeks maybe longer. I asked if the build price was the price I was going to be paying and he wouldn’t give me a straight answer.
Anyone who wont sit down with you and talk money prob thinks youre not serious or doesnt want to scare you away with how high his price is. I would not be going back there.

Reactions: Dandoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^^^ if so, call Jake at Dan Cummins in Ky. They are still doing pretty good discounts. I had a $3000 non refundable deposit. Which was fine by me, I got a Hell of a deal.
I just looked up there site, they have a beautiful HC WB Redeye for a great price! Could knock out the break in period on the drive home! 🤣 might be an option.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,575 Posts
Located in Jacksonville fl. Willing to travel to a point, but I don’t want to have to ship it home or drive it back and put a bunch of miles on it.
Jake from Dan Cummins in Kentucky looks to be your guy now for best deal. Being in the state of FL, notorious for jacking up Hellcat prices because of year long good weather, I'd advise you consider the trip to KY to save thousands.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
403 Posts
F8 Charger Redeye - Savannah GA - 79K

Smoke Show Challenger Redeye Narrow Body - Warner Robbins, GA - 83K

White Challenger Redeye Widebody - Winter Haven FL - 88K

Those are the closest ones I could find in about 5 min... also the very cheapest...

That Charger Redeye is priced to move...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F8 Charger Redeye - Savannah GA - 79K

Smoke Show Challenger Redeye Narrow Body - Warner Robbins, GA - 83K

White Challenger Redeye Widebody - Winter Haven FL - 88K

Those are the closest ones I could find in about 5 min... also the very cheapest...

That Charger Redeye is priced to move...
I saw most of those, they are very nicely priced! I’m pretty set on a particular one I’d like. I really want the same one I had, just in a Redeye. But I appreciate the finds!! I do like a couple of them.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
I saw most of those, they are very nicely priced! I’m pretty set on a particular one I’d like. I really want the same one I had, just in a Redeye. But I appreciate the finds!! I do like a couple of them.
Well then you're gonna have to order one to get EXACTLY what you want, and @Tannehill nailed it for getting the best price....you're gonna have to travel to get it (or have it delivered to you)

....unless you like paying more money for no reason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jake from Dan Cummins in Kentucky looks to be your guy now for best deal. Being in the state of FL, notorious for jacking up Hellcat prices because of year long good weather, I'd advise you consider the trip to KY to save thousands.
I called Jake the other day, he wasn’t available so I left him a message to call me back. He hasn’t done that yet. I found a HC in Texas that is exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,575 Posts
I called Jake the other day, he wasn’t available so I left him a message to call me back. He hasn’t done that yet. I found a HC in Texas that is exactly what I am looking for.
Perhaps we can summons the soul of @Just_See_Jake on here quickly by tagging him in this thread.

Reactions: Just_See_Jake

·
Vehicle Ordering Coordinator
56 Posts
I am here!! my apologies for not returning your call, I'm not sure I ever got the message unfortunately. I am more than happy to help, you can reach me at (859)298-9539 for quickest response.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,319 Posts
Find a car you like on a lot and buy it. Or talk with Jake. Or you can order a rush build covid special just waiting for the next unavailable part production delay. Meantime we are putting on miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright, here’s an update! I spoke with Jake, he is by far the best as you said he would be. He got me a GREAT deal and I ordered my Challenger Redeye today! Super excited to be in the HC family again. 😁

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
821 Posts
Alright, here’s an update! I spoke with Jake, he is by far the best as you said he would be. He got me a GREAT deal and I ordered my Challenger Redeye today! Super excited to be in the HC family again. 😁
Awesome!!! Glad to hear it!!! They are good people!! Throw your info on the order tracking thread so we can keep track.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts