SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a Reliable and solid tune only for now for my 2020 Redeye. Any recommendations in the Houston area ? Thank u in advance !

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
Are you looking for a shop to go to for tuning or is a remote tune an option? If remote tuning can choose anyone you want. Dusterhoff, OST Dyno, HHP, Satera, ect. Only shop I know in Texas mentioned is Peitz Performance. I'm sure there's more but all I can think of.

·
Registered
In The Market
3,406 Posts
Looking to do a Reliable and solid tune only for now for my 2020 Redeye. Any recommendations in the Houston area ? Thank u in advance !
100% reccomend Alex Peitz making big Mopar power with HP Tuners! I met him at Houston Raceway Park and I resently started using HPTuners on my RedEye to data log and grab copies of my original tune (just in case). In Houston he fixed a problem with my Friends Demon on the spot at the race track. One small change after looking at a Data Log and it was fixed. Car went from 10.04 to a best of 9.71.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
260 Posts
Find out what tuners in your area use for software and tuning. If they use Diablo, why not just get a T2 and use the performance tune that comes with it? It's safe, makes a nice difference, and you'll have the device you need later to load your custom tune if and when you start modding. You'll just be paying for the new tune when the time comes.
If they use HPTuners find someone who already has a good stock tune in his or her library so you're not paying top $$$ for something you plan on changing in the future. or someone who will give you a discount when you come back.

These cars have been around long enough that there is plenty known about the stock setup and you probably won't see big power differences or drivability between tunes. Not on a safe tune anyway.
If your plans aren't to mod in the near future, keep in mind that particular tuner may not be around in the distant future. It's a tough business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts