SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the opportunity to tune a Hellcat motor going into a 1968 Dart. The ECU is the Holley Dominator because that ECU can handle all the Hellcat sensors such as drive-by-wire, the two throttle bodies, and even the two knock sensors. The results were great. I think the Hellcat could make a nice crate motor for hot rods and the Mopar crowd

fastmanefi

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,346 Posts
Awesome what where the results if you don't mind. Timing, a/f and hp numbers? What exhaust set up.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,279 Posts
Very nice. That thing should be quite a monster. What transmission is it running?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
4,863 Posts
What type of transmission is the cat motor being mated to? or are they using the cat trans also?

Reactions: NavVet

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Awesome what where the results if you don't mind. Timing, a/f and hp numbers? What exhaust set up.
Timing: 17 to 26 depending on boost. Using both OEM knock sensors.
AF: Mid 13s most of the time, high 11s under full boost
HP: Not on the dyno yet. No time before it had to leave for Hot August Nights in Reno NV.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
4,863 Posts
What does this type of swap cost approx? I am thinking of going this route with my Cuda.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,340 Posts
that car looks amazing. awesome build.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Somebody who pulls up next to that restomod is in for a rude surprise! lol
You are correct, because the exhaust system is actually quieter than a stock Hellcat, even though it's dual 3" all the way back. I think a lot of people will be doing this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
660 Posts
Saw that Hellcat Dart in Reno at Hot August Nights and the pictures really don't do it justice! The car is a beautiful combination of retro styling and new technology.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts