SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
660 Posts
I didn't take any pictures of the Dart and I'm not sure if it won any awards or went to the Crusie of Champions. Regardless it is a very nice ride.

Reactions: Fastmanefi

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
That's a great build! Total BAD A$$. I wish that I could see the grin on the driver when he smokes the unsuspecting opponent and the what the hell just happened look on their face! Happy Throttles!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,196 Posts
Is the 2nd throttle body you're referring to - the "bypass valve"? I assume that means there is some black/red key stuff going on too, right? That would be awesome.

·
Banned
Charger SRT 392
747 Posts
Is the 2nd throttle body you're referring to - the "bypass valve"? I assume that means there is some black/red key stuff going on too, right? That would be awesome.
Jack, the second throttle body is the blower bypass valve. it is actually a throttle body from a new Dodge Dart I think..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, the second throttle body is essentially an ECU controlled blow-off valve. Tricky to control with any aftermarket ECU but the Holley Dominator can do it. I did not build the car - I only did the electronics and did the tuning. Here's a link to a video from the guys at Dominator Street Rods that built the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the opportunity to tune a Hellcat motor going into a 1968 Dart. The ECU is the Holley Dominator because that ECU can handle all the Hellcat sensors such as drive-by-wire, the two throttle bodies, and even the two knock sensors. The results were great. I think the Hellcat could make a nice crate motor for hot rods and the Mopar crowd

fastmanefi
Just curious if holley is still the way to go for a hellcat redeye? Is there Anything out there to control the 8 speed transmission?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
48 Posts
Yes, the second throttle body is essentially an ECU controlled blow-off valve. Tricky to control with any aftermarket ECU but the Holley Dominator can do it. I did not build the car - I only did the electronics and did the tuning. Here's a link to a video from the guys at Dominator Street Rods that built the car.

I find myself in the same situation, I have a Holley Dominater, but I'm setup for a drive by cable throttlebody. This winter's project, I'll be adding a 4.9L Bigun Kenne Bell Hellcat/Demon kit. Fastmanefi any write ups on how to wire and configure the Dominator ECU to control the bypass valve?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts