SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I thought demonology's whole schtick was that he was bone stock. Maybe I missed it.

He is fine, I love that he beats on his demon and will take on all comers. It's his videos that are terrible. Just my opinion
He never claimed to be bone stock, but it certainly isn't anyway.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I think he did ok considering the weight difference and all the mods done on the ZR1. This vette has gone [email protected]

It's not just a tuned ZR1. Here's the list of mods:

• AMP 5 inch Intake System for a C7 ZR1
  • 103mm Billet Throttle Body
  • CNC Port LT5 Blower
  • Griptec 2.7 Upper Super Charger Pulley
  • Innovators West 9% Overdrive Harmonic Balancer
  • AMP Billet Thermostat Housing with 160 degree Thermostat
  • Custom Cam for LT5 with a 38% OD DI Fuel Lobe
  • Hardened Pushrods
  • Johnson Tie Bar short travel Race Lifters
  • LT5 Head Gaskets
  • ARP Head Studs
  • AMP VVT Lockout
  • DI pump lash cap
  • AMP CNC Ported LT5 Cylinder Heads. Manley HD Stainless Exhaust Valves BTR 660 lift Springs, and Titanium Retainers. Tear down and wash casting CNC valve job Hand Blend Final clean ,make ready and assembly
$29,500
  • Kooks 2 inch Headers with Off-Road Connection Pipes
  • DSX AUX low side Fuel Pump Kit
  • ID1050X Fuel Injectors
  • Alky Control Dual Nozzle Methanol Injection System with Stainless Steel Line Upgrade
  • AMP Trunk Mount water Box for C7 with a High Output EMP Pump, 8 Inch Lid, and 1 inch Silicone Hose
  • Dexcool coolant
  • AMSOIL Dominator 10/30
  • AMSOIL Filter
  • NGK 6510 Spark Plugs
  • Professional Assembly & Installation
  • Calibration of Engine Control Module, Transmission Control Module, and Fuel Injector Control Module
  • Chassis DYNO Testing before and after
Where is the Demon with equal mods to outrun it? Point is, Demon is NOT the end all be all in drag racing and there's always someone quicker and quite frankly it can be done for FAR less money than a Demon or this ZR1 but no one ever wants to talk about that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

Does that count as equal mods?

·
Registered
758 Posts
My problem with the Vette is $125K car with $30K mods to run 8s in a Vette. Cleetus did it with an $8K salvage Vette and a $200 junkyard motor.
But with all fairness Cletus has way way way more into Leroy then that.I'm a big fan of those guys and the bald eagles and freedom they share, but they are always working on Leroy and have lots of cash in him too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Seriously? dude its an 8 second car? Demonology is a class act and has a balls out car...queue to the end when he makes fun of himself. Get a clue...
My point is that with the demon (and plenty of other cars) is that apologists will screech that it is the (((baddest drag car evah))) and then if they get their ass beat well its "yeah but it's not stock." You cant have it both ways. I thought demonology's whole thing is that it is was stock and on a warranty but I guess I'm wrong

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
My point is that with the demon (and plenty of other cars) is that apologists will screech that it is the (((baddest drag car evah))) and then if they get their ass beat well its "yeah but it's not stock." You cant have it both ways. I thought demonology's whole thing is that it is was stock and on a warranty but I guess I'm wrong
Yea, I don't think Demonology's stance was ever about stock Demon with a warranty, but you are correct that the majority of Demon owners DO have that stance. Should be interesting when all the warranties expire in about a year and half due to age since most them will never drive them enough to expire the warranty on mileage, LOL. Then maybe we can put that silly argument behind us.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yea, I don't think Demonology's stance was ever about stock Demon with a warranty, but you are correct that the majority of Demon owners DO have that stance. Should be interesting when all the warranties expire in about a year and half due to age since most them will never drive them enough to expire the warranty on mileage, LOL. Then maybe we can put that silly argument behind us.
Seriously. Either you have a timeslip or you don't.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Stock Demon on Drag Radials, Stock ZR1 on Drag Radials
I beat one straight up in Darlington in the 1/4....if it was a 1/2 mile the ZR1 would have beat me for sure.

If its Modded in any way, then all bets are off because its about who has the bigger bank.
but......I do not know of any Demon except 1 that has anywhere near 30k in mods. SpeedKore car
That speedkore car is 4500lbs yes it has carbonfiber body....but it also has much more added safety equipment.
twin turbos actually added weight from what I understand and its a show circuit car not so much a competition drag car.
For the record a Demon is a 84-96k vehicle off the showroom floor. That ZR1 had an ADM on it too so if we adding ADM's ya need to pony up the ZR1s as well.
Hermans mods are under 10k.... its may be under 8k but just giving room.
Marks car went 9.80s on somewhere around 12k in mods

In my estimate... vehicles at sticker price no ADMs
Herman= car and mods are 105k or less
ZR1= car and mods are 145k
we know if herman added that extra 20k to his car ....it would be a different story

how about the vette run Leon or someone who has the same mods?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Stock Demon on Drag Radials, Stock ZR1 on Drag Radials
I beat one straight up in Darlington in the 1/4....if it was a 1/2 mile the ZR1 would have beat me for sure.

If its Modded in any way, then all bets are off because its about who has the bigger bank.
but......I do not know of any Demon except 1 that has anywhere near 30k in mods. SpeedKore car
That speedkore car is 4500lbs yes it has carbonfiber body....but it also has much more added safety equipment.
twin turbos actually added weight from what I understand and its a show circuit car not so much a competition drag car.
For the record a Demon is a 84-96k vehicle off the showroom floor. That ZR1 had an ADM on it too so if we adding ADM's ya need to pony up the ZR1s as well.
Hermans mods are under 10k.... its may be under 8k but just giving room.
Marks car went 9.80s on somewhere around 12k in mods

In my estimate... vehicles at sticker price no ADMs
Herman= car and mods are 105k or less
ZR1= car and mods are 145k
we know if herman added that extra 20k to his car ....it would be a different story

how about the vette run Leon or someone who has the same mods?
Again, I say, where is the modded Demon with 20K in it that outruns this ZR1? I hear hypotheticals, but the ZR1 has shown its hand.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Again, I say, where is the modded Demon with 20K in it that outruns this ZR1? I hear hypotheticals, but the ZR1 has shown its hand.
The 800-1000lbs weight difference really kills the Hellcat/Demon here.
But thats the trade off because that platform makes for an excellent daily driver. Which is what Demons, Hellcats, and Redeyes are - daily driving street cars with gobs of HP and a few tricks

·
Registered
254 Posts
What are you saying here?
Modded this or that. Stock this or that. It is all irrelevant unless the owner has a timeslip to back it up. The vast majority of ZR1s and Demons are garage queen ego trophies, and the few that are raced are the only ones worth appreciating. As much as everyone want it - there is no apples to apples comparison here. Or with the C8. Or new GT500. So just accept it for what it is: two fast cars, and one had to win.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The 800-1000lbs weight difference really kills the Hellcat/Demon here.
But thats the trade off because that platform makes for an excellent daily driver. Which is what Demons, Hellcats, and Redeyes are - daily driving street cars with gobs of HP and a few tricks
No argument from me there. I wouldn't own one if I didn't like it for what it is but as a car enthusiast, not a Mopar-only enthusiast, I enjoy performance cars from all makers.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts