SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't have a tune yet, so I use 93 on the street; however at the Texas Mile, I use VP MS109 (the organizers sell it at cost at the event)....mix it half and half with 93......I don't think it helps a lot (maybe 1-2 mph), however it doesn't hurt and it acts as a safeguard. At higher temperatures (which it was at this last Texas Mile in October...94 degrees) the PCM would probably have pulled some timing to protect the engine, however with the higher octane there wasn't any issues. In another thread on this Forum (don't remember the exact one) but Mike at OST, highly recommenced mixing unleaded race fuel with pump gas to ensure a high octane, since he has seen issues with pump gas. But other "experts" on this forum claim its a waste of money... since the HCs are tuned for 91 from the factory.....I prefer to be conservative.....I have read more real experts on here recommend it, so that's what I went with. I plan on having multiple tunes, for whatever event I plan on participating in. I don't want to go with E-85, just for the quality issues....I have several friends running it and the fuel varies from E-75 to E-90, so they are always having to check the fuel at fill ups....too much trouble for me.....
Copy and agree. Sounds like we'll be doing similar stuff. I wish we at least had 93 here. I'll probab;y mix a little unleaded race fuel as well. I'll speak with OST and go from there. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Redeye with Curt Dusterhoff e85 flex tune with the trans tune also , You can not go wrong with Curt tuning. I run low 9's with pump e85 at $1.85 a gal I don't mind spending a few mins checking gualiity vs spending $20+ for track fuel. If i plan to take road trip just swap the the pulley and run 93 . It really all depends on what level of fun your looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also I'm 62 and do all the work on it , just don't do tuning. And on a note my car 60's better with the stock front spring vs demon killer or demon spring, rear springs I run the dodge 1320 springs I found on a wrecked car

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Also I'm 62 and do all the work on it , just don't do tuning. And on a note my car 60's better with the stock front spring vs demon killer or demon spring, rear springs I run the dodge 1320 springs I found on a wrecked car
That THING moves out for sure! Seems as though most are using E85 with good tuner results. I want a tuner with good 91-93 results. If I had close access to E85 that would be the route I’d go, but it’s not close by and I’m definitely not going to keep barrels of it in my garage. I’m not trying to set the world on fire, just make some more legit power with what fuel is readily available to me. Now, whoever I choose I’ll get a secondary E85 or race fuel tune. I’ll be doing via remote but with a dyno.

Thanks for the spring info, but I’m already in possession of the Demon Killer springs so that’s what I’ll be using.

The pump E85 we have is crap, as is majority of our pump fuel. Where are you located?

Any video footage of your car? 1.3 60’s is definitely git’n it!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Even if you want to stick with the 91-93 give Curt/Dusteroff Tuning a shout, worth a chat even if you don't end up using him! N2RACING, what DA are you running at? Thanks for the info on the springs, I've been looking into the demon springs myself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
DA started at around 1800 in the morning and was around 2200 by the time I got my 2nd pass. My car was down on boost 5psi due to a leaking blower gasket (Poor MPH ). Curt has lot's cars running in the 9's and on 91-93 his tuning reputation for the Hellcat is very well know and respected.
I have a new set of Carlyle demon killer springs I'm going to test the rears. I'm not a fan of the softer front springs sagging, Lol it's not a cool look but I like the front end to set a little high to help lift and tranfer weight to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks! Didn't really gain much going to the skinnies.

View attachment 546122
DA started at around 1800 in the morning and was around 2200 by the time I got my 2nd pass. My car was down on boost 5psi due to a leaking blower gasket (Poor MPH ). Curt has lot's cars running in the 9's and on 91-93 his tuning reputation for the Hellcat is very well know and respected.
I have a new set of Carlyle demon killer springs I'm going to test the rears. I'm not a fan of the softer front springs sagging, Lol it's not a cool look but I like the front end to set a little high to help lift and tranfer weight to the rear wheels.
I'm jeleous, our average DA out here is 7000+ ft go to Bandamire 9000+, I'd have a mid 9 second car at your altitude too. Curt hands down is one of the best!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts