SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,213 Posts
I'm sorry but I do not like the sound of the viper motors.
Agreed !!!
I looked at the Viper early on but when I actually heard the Odd 10-Cylinder sound I was over it.

Terry

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
51 Posts
I had a viper for 3 years and while I personally loved the sound the Hellcat sounds way better. I have not ordered the hellcat yet (waiting till spring here in NY) but just from driving them both I can say the Hellcat is a much nicer all around car. Still cool vid.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
111 Posts
Nice and just think of the cost per dollar on extras hp. I just came out of a gen v viper. I got rid of it because it was 20k for heads cam , 20k for supercharger or 50k and above for trim turbo. I would rather have the comfortable car pushing 800-900whp for under 10k.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
111 Posts
Ace 14 totally agree! After having 2 vipers they are very eye catching and can't be confused with Anything else. I can not tell you how many times people would video my viper driving. But the hellcat is a better all around car from the room for my family to the stereo and features. It is easy to see why they killed the viper in my opinion. I can get out of my hellcat with shorts on not having to worry about burning my leg on viper side exhaust. The list goes on and on. The viper was all motor and fun to drive but nothing like my hellcat. I can not wait to tune and pulley this thing once 2018 software is available. Maybe even whipple or magnussen charge it instead

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Guy knows how to drive a stick Viper! Perfect launch.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
Nice and just think of the cost per dollar on extras hp. I just came out of a gen v viper. I got rid of it because it was 20k for heads cam , 20k for supercharger or 50k and above for trim turbo. I would rather have the comfortable car pushing 800-900whp for under 10k.
It's sad but I know 0 about vipers but hot damn it really cost that much to mod a viper:eek: only thing I know about vipers is I raced 1 with Hennessy on the back and it was probley not fun getting out run by a poor little scat pack in the 1/8 th. Now I'm not saying the car was not fast cause it probley was super fast just not on the strip that night or time :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,541 Posts
Agreed !!!
I looked at the Viper early on but when I actually heard the Odd 10-Cylinder sound I was over it.

Terry
I agree, I really hate the way they sound. My friend has an 04. And it is fast, but it rides worse than a 1 ton truck and the sound makes me want to use ear plugs.lol

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
Yep, currently full bolt on my Gen V and the cost is around 15k in mods. Headers,Exhaust,Arrow PCM,Tractive Suspension, Underpulley. Only thing I can do now is heads and cam or 9 liter package. Both cost around 15-20k. Turbos are 50k starting.

So ill just run a 200-250 shot and call it a day.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,257 Posts
No idea who’s Cat that is, but I liked the video!

Thanks for posting. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
111 Posts
Bone stock viper that hellcat says bye bye. You won't often run across a modded viper. Just like myself and cube man said. Not a lot of options. Bolt ons , heads cam , one company makes a procharger for viper 20k and the twin Turbos

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
413 Posts
Hellcat could've had him if the Viper didn't redlight! But on the other hand, based on mph, a better launch and 60' by the viper would make it a tough car to beat.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts
Cool video.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
4,069 Posts
Awesome race. Never a Viper fan. Too few to be well known; too expensive; often owned by douche bags (not referring to anyone here in this thread - just saying seen some real doozies with these; also some good guys of course, but the "I'm special because I own a Viper" ratio is higher than I've experienced with most other cars, even Corvettes).

What threw me in the race was the board with the lower times lighted last...

LR

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
111 Posts
Hellcat viper. I was just being funny off the comment before mine. When I realized my joke was taken wrong way I deleted asap. I had a gen v and a gen 4 viper. Yes they are one of the sexier cars out there. 2 totally different animals though. I prefer my car over a viper any day. Sorry if I offended you

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
646 Posts
I'll be honest. I have done some amazing donuts in a Viper and was lucky enough not to crash it while drifting a U-turn on a four lane bridge from north bound to southbound IH-35 when I was much younger. I may have used up all of my luck regarding those cars, but it sure was fun.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts