SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was wondering if the Queen was going to chime in. :)

Thanks Linda.

Ironically, the first tuner I went to (recommended by someone I know) is about 45minutes away (freeway drive), and the one I'm seeing tomorrow is about 5min (I can ride my bike back and forth if/when they have my car). I was obviously disappointed after hearing the prognosis from 1st guy, and now I'm back to excited again as Kevin (2nd tuner) basically said "don't worry, I've done so many of these cars you're going to be fine".

And I know they have done quite a few, including this one I bumped into the other day for sale

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Update

Spent over two hours with another tuner/shop, 4x pulls and he didn't see anything abnormal for a stock Hellcat. Pretty warm day here today, and by the last run the ECU was retarding 2-4.5deg, but very linear.

Owner showed up, and we all talked for another 20min. As I previously mentioned, our gas out west, particularly Chevron94 is suspect but no one knows for sure. I'm going to run a couple tanks of 91 then they want me back to do a few runs; their thinking is to try iron out whether or not the 94 available here is causing the inconsistencies.

Pulls all in the 630hp and 610lb/ft range (Dynocom 15000), but then again, numbers are meaningless as long as one utilizes the same dyno for tunes/upgrades.

Will update the 91 run(s).;;

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm further down the road now, my ECU has arrived back unlocked. Now just have to
run another tank of Canuck 91 through so the shop can do their investigative dyno run.
After that, upgrade time.

For first step(s), I'm now thinking:

ATI 10% od
pinned
demon injectors
tune

My understanding is that the ATI does a better job of mitigating the stresses on the crank
(as well as providing some performance boost) which, once I get around to the top pulley,
seems like a prudent step. I think the stock injectors would be fine at this point but again,
once I do the top pulley the heart of El Gato Blanca will need more juice so maybe just get
that out of the way now (shrug?).

Feedback, please and thanks.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm sad. 5 days and no responses. I figured for sure this great resource and the knowledge of those in here would have helped me make a decision by now.

:(

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update:

ATI 10%od lower, belt, 180deg thermostat, demon injectors and a tune.

Dyno'd at 698. Have not really had a chance to let it go, but the other day managed to do a brief run; wary of the added power/torque so "eased" it up to about 75mph and then floored it. And kicked the back end out. Hot day so the Pirelli's were gripping pretty decently. Definitely "stupider" as far as power now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hmmm, Seems I have a set of 18" MT ET Street R 305's in the garage.

* insert maniacal laughter *

So I'm set. No need for any more upgrades, after all, isn't 830'ish at the crank enuff ?... ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts