SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have any experience with twin Turbos on hellcat platform? Im thinking about going twin turbo but would like to know pros and cons. And what about drag racing and building boost on the line? Also rolling anti lag for roll racing? A 2 step? Just want some knowledge from anyone with expirience with turbos on our platform

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
439 Posts
I recommend you reach out to Gearhead Fabrications, Hemituner Performance, Demon Performance, Barth Tuning or Satara Tuning as they have experience with twin turbo setups on the Hellcat platform.

·
Premium Member
Twin Turbo Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
I just had the Hellion Twin Turbo package installed running compound boost but I haven't tracked it or had the package long enough to provide a whole lot of information. 935whp dyno with 907 torque I can tell you there is no lag that I can tell with the supercharger at start and the turbos seem to slam in at 3500rpm really aggressive set up. Haven't had the opportunity to really open her up yet as I am still waiting on drag radials. Absolutely no grip running my current Mickey Thompson Street Comp II 305's on the back, anything over 1/4 throttle at any speed leads to tire spin!

Search Hellion Twin Turbo Hellcat should bring up the thread I posted documenting the build. Lot of knowledgeable info from contributors that have more experience than me, might help!

I will know more after April 11th I secured a spot in the Mopar/Hemi Shootout format event at Atlanta Dragway so it will be my first ever official pass! Gotta start somewhere!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had the Hellion Twin Turbo package installed running compound boost but I haven't tracked it or had the package long enough to provide a whole lot of information. 935whp dyno with 907 torque I can tell you there is no lag that I can tell with the supercharger at start and the turbos seem to slam in at 3500rpm really aggressive set up. Haven't had the opportunity to really open her up yet as I am still waiting on drag radials. Absolutely no grip running my current Mickey Thompson Street Comp II 305's on the back, anything over 1/4 throttle at any speed leads to tire spin!

Search Hellion Twin Turbo Hellcat should bring up the thread I posted documenting the build. Lot of knowledgeable info from contributors that have more experience than me, might help!

I will know more after April 11th I secured a spot in the Mopar/Hemi Shootout format event at Atlanta Dragway so it will be my first ever official pass! Gotta start somewhere!

Nice im not doing compound boost I wanna do just a turbo build. Are you stock trans? How do u plan on launching ur car

·
Premium Member
Twin Turbo Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
Nice im not doing compound boost I wanna do just a turbo build. Are you stock trans? How do u plan on launching ur car

Yes stock transmission, A8 with a tune. I do have the Per4mance differential brace, plan on running ET Street S/S, P305/35-20 drag radials first until I get 17" beadlock wheels then going with , ET Street R, P315/50-17 for the track.

Definitely going to be a learning process because currently there is no such thing as "launching" the car, to much torque & power for the Street Comp II tires I am running!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I suggest a steel driveshaft. I know there are lighter and massively more expensive and fragile driveshafts, but I have not heard anyone say, "I was at the drags and this guy's steel driveshaft just shattered."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts