SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2015 hellcat. Had it for about a week and this code pops (U1403) up and the check engine light comes on. Says something about a fuel sensor. Anyone know how to fix this or what to do? Car has about 35000 miles on it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,777 Posts
I just bought a used 2015 hellcat. Had it for about a week and this code pops (U1403) up and the check engine light comes on. Says something about a fuel sensor. Anyone know how to fix this or what to do? Car has about 35000 miles on it.
Error codes that begin with a 'U' are communication/network related error codes.

My info is U1403 refers to a possible problem with the wiring harness located behind the left hand -- driver side -- kick panel. The problem can be from a water leak from a clogged sun roof drain, leaking windshield seal, or a cowl leak.

However ideally you should have access to a Dodge reference manual that provides in Dodge terms what this code refers to.

If the car has any body water catch basins that then feed water to a drain check these basins are not filled with plant trash.

Also, I make it a habit whenever I walk up to my cars that if I see any leaves on the car around the base of the windshield or caught in an hood or trunk gaps to remove these.

When I open the hood or trunk I look for any leaves that might have gotten into the water channel that runs around the/along side the trunk or engine compartment openings. A leaf can act as a dam and cause water to flow where it shouldn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check that out. It's funny that this started right after I washed it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks, I'll check that out. It's funny that this started right after I washed it.
Probably coincidental.
Give all related connections a once over like Rockster said.

Im surprised you can read that code, what scanner you have?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's the deal. I just used the diagnostic tab on the screen it said code U1403. Then it started giving me some fuel sensor malfunction read out. It literally said fuel sensor malfunction on the LCD between the speedo and tac. Then the check engine light came on. I just put gas in it today and all these codes and lights turned off. When it started I was at about a 1/4 tank and the gas light was blinking on and off. Thinking the float in the tank is jacked up somehow.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thinking the float in the tank is jacked up somehow.
Maybe.
But I believe the float level, like other cars, is determined by a potentiometer (variable resistance device) depending on the position of the float arm. So if there is a bad connection it will mess up that resistance measurement.

Do the easy stuff first. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldn't a bad connection cause it the float to fault in all positions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks guys! Wiring shorts are out of my league so she's going to the mechanic. This is what I get for buying a Dodge from a Ford dealership...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts