SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lease is up on my Charger SRT soon, thinking of replacing it with a Charger Widebody Hellcat, but i really want to see if the 2022 year is going to have the new Uconnect 5 system! anyone have an info on that!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
31 Posts
My lease is up on my Charger SRT soon, thinking of replacing it with a Charger Widebody Hellcat, but i really want to see if the 2022 year is going to have the new Uconnect 5 system! anyone have an info on that!
I’m in the same boat. Hoping 2022 is still all ICE and has UConnect 5 and adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in the same boat. Hoping 2022 is still all ICE and has UConnect 5 and adaptive cruise control.
FCA will extend your lease for 6 to 13 months. Keyword to use are COVID and LOW INVENTORY. Planning on extending and ordering a 2022 or buy my lease after extension so I can get a charger with Uconnect 5!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
I don’t see an interior update happening. Other than wireless CarPlay and multiple phone connects - what’s the benefit of UC5?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
374 Posts
I don’t see an interior update happening. Other than wireless CarPlay and multiple phone connects - what’s the benefit of UC5?
Don’t forget a bigger screen. Screen size is getting more important to buyers than engine size lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
Don’t forget a bigger screen. Screen size is getting more important to buyers than engine size lol
maybe to most buyers - but not to Hellcat buyers .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
374 Posts
I have no interest in a bigger screen or any Uconnect 5 features. Some of the reports with the new system in Durango’s show quite a few bugs and random reboots.

My point was, if your in the market for a new one, most will want all the newest features. This is just smart buying unless you can get the last model year on clearance. Many people spending this kind of money want to order vs find something close to what they want on the floor.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its my daily driver def want the newest and best tech in the car if possible, ( i spend a lot of time in the car, and the bigger screen, and the ability for wireless CarPlay are my top features i would be looking forward too) def not a deal breaker but my guy said should know more details around July/Aug when 2022 order open.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,037 Posts
Its my daily driver def want the newest and best tech in the car if possible, ( i spend a lot of time in the car, and the bigger screen, and the ability for wireless CarPlay are my top features i would be looking forward too) def not a deal breaker but my guy said should know more details around July/Aug when 2022 order open.
I just did the the latest update on the UC4 now it freezes and shuts down at random, wth!....btw the infotainment screen in the TRX is nice

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just did the the latest update on the UC4 now it freezes and shuts down at random, wth!....btw the infotainment screen in the TRX is nice
did you do the over air or how did you force the update, i only had 1 over the air update in the past 3 years.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,037 Posts
Yes over the air automatic update it does at some random wee morning hour after pressing OK on the nag you to death until you accept pop up update...I would never induce an update manually full well knowing it will never be a good thing via complaints but mine didn’t give me the option to keep pressing “update later” I think maybe now it’s inevitable👎and buggy 👎at best, now I have an annoying sh!t show to contend with while driving..roll eyes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts