SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Uconnect Screen Delaminating

16363 68
Curious how many have had the Uconnect screen delamination issue and what you did to get it resolved. My 2018 Challenger Hellcat delaminated randomly last week and it also doesn’t seem to work properly anymore. My Apple car play flickers between the Apple interface and the Uconnect interface and doesn’t work properly when I answer calls now.

My car only has has 3300 miles on it but is out of warranty as of April of this year. I’ve read this is a widespread issue. I tried to reach out to Dodge Cares here but they didn’t respond. I’m not willing to spend over $1000 to have this pile of junk screen replaced out of pocket and then have it happen again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Daytona, Ray Barton forged 392. '21 srt durango. '22 jailbreak challenger
151 Posts
My 17 Daytona just started delaminating. 15k miles. Always parked in the garage. Hoping to just find a screen and do it myself. Cheap crap.

·
Registered
'17 Daytona, Ray Barton forged 392. '21 srt durango. '22 jailbreak challenger
151 Posts
My 18 Ram just went through same problem. Screen delaminated from the top and spread down. Before it got too bad I ordered a new lcd monitor online. Local car audio shop swapped it out in 30 minutes. Common problem on 17 and 18 model years in all FCA. From what I’ve read LG has updated all the new replacement monitors with new part number. Sounded like they used bad adhesive in original part number. It’s a shame that FCA and UConnect doesn’t address this major problem. Only covered under warranty which is sad because this is such known widespread defect. Lots of folks get suckered into buying entire new 8.4 head units and it’s a simple 6 screw replacement of the LG monitor.
Could you give a link to where you purchased the screen. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts