SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
Called my dealer-my email with pictures were just sitting unanswered for 1 month- only to discover that the Service Rep (or whatever) was just sitting on them.
I thought at least she would send them to the Parts Mgr, as discussed, to determine if the screen is available and when to install under my warranty.

Turns out that I have to come in so a tech can grab numbers from my unit to send to Stellantis. Ok. Needless to say, I'm not pleased with the snarky delivery of the info from Miss S. Not once was me being there in person to facilitate the repair discussed on the phone or otherwise.
Anyway, typical I guess...

As a side note, Parts Mgr says that Stellantis is trying to squirm out of covering these repairs as they are determining that many people are causing damage to the screen from too much hand sanitizer lol!
Yes, "due to Covid..." excuses. It's not over.
Anyway, mine IS covered as evidenced by the pics sent.
Whew.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
My Hellcat sits in a garage for 5 months of the year (winter weather) and only comes out for drives on nice days during the rest of the year. 90% of its' life is in the garage.
Heat plays a part in this delaminating issue for sure, but it's not the only factor I think.
Crappy glue etc probably the main culprit.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
While I was at the dealer while they got the screen info downloaded from the unit, a guy in a 2017 Scat Pack rolled in.
We had a great conversation of course, anyway, his car had the screen delamination issue as well.
Unfortunately his car is out of warranty. I told him to push Dodge to cover it (or at least partially) since this is a known issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts