SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine delaminated. 2018 with 22k. When it first started delaminating it didn’t do anything, but for the past month it rando taps the screen and it’s unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
And it’s so frustrating that their stance is so inconsistent. Some people are able to get it done even out of warranty, some are not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alright so I wanted to give an update on this from my side of things. I contacted Uconnect corporate, and opened a case with them. I had to have the car "officially diagnosed at a dealership" w/r/t the delaminating problem, so I made an appointment, just so they could have a paper trail of "yes it needs replacement". Car is out of warranty. Uconnect corp issued a "good will repair" notice to the dealership, and it was issued free of charge. Took about a couple months waiting for the radio to arrive. Talking to the service advisor, they're doing boatloads of this repair. The tech that did the repair on mine had already done 2 just that morning. It should definitely be a recall, and yet I've heard from my tech that they won't issue one, but they're going to expand the "free replacement" even to non original owners. Definitely call up Uconnect and open a case.

Anyway, now looking to get 3M Crystalline installed on my front windshield to try and reduce the cabin temps. The radio is supposedly being upgraded with a new display that has stronger glue that won't melt in the TX heat, but who knows? The old unit def had a bunch of glue seeping out at the bottom, sticky sticky stuff. The new radio is also running a newer firmware version and some things are different, for example I now get this "SRT Dashboard" when pressing the SRT button on the center console, and some other minor visual differences.

·
Registered
110 Posts
After I bought my 2015 last year, one of the first things I installed was this screen protector from Amazon. This was before I was aware of delamination issues with the factory touch screen and I can't even say with certainty that the screen protector will prevent delamination, but for less than $13 it's not a bad gamble. There is no loss in tactile response, and at the very least the screen protector prevents scratches that appear over time on the factory screen.
View attachment 586831
It won’t help. The problem is the cabin heat melting the glue behind the screen. If you want to help prevent the issue, look into window films for your windshield, to try and reduce cabin temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts