SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
After I bought my 2015 last year, one of the first things I installed was this screen protector from Amazon. This was before I was aware of delamination issues with the factory touch screen and I can't even say with certainty that the screen protector will prevent delamination, but for less than $13 it's not a bad gamble. There is no loss in tactile response, and at the very least the screen protector prevents scratches that appear over time on the factory screen.
View attachment 586831
It won’t help. The problem is the cabin heat melting the glue behind the screen. If you want to help prevent the issue, look into window films for your windshield, to try and reduce cabin temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
109 Posts
Well, mine just started doing this last week. It started small (at the top middle around where the time shows) but it's looking a bit worse each day. Although my Uconnect has been doing random lockups and resets for the past year or so. Also, I think the delamination started after my car started getting warmer because my thermostat failed. I got that issue straightened out but a week later and the delamination started...

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
109 Posts
Yours looks about 50% worse than mine. Good luck on getting any help. I assume I’m paying about $1300 total with parts and labor when all is said and done. But it’s not like I have too many options since I plan on keeping this car.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts