SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Charger out today, got notified of an update and an ask on when to schedule it. There's a new update? What does it intail?. I have. 2018 Hellcat Charger. That was up to date when she was put to sleep. 60 here today in Utah! Couldn't resist.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it set for 10PM tonight. I'll update, ha pun intended in the AM.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
My Trackhawk has been asking for an update for months now. Since it's rare that anything good comes from them I have refused it so far.
Maybe in a year or so, when the bugs in the update are worked out?

·
Registered
‘21 REDEYE SUPER STOCK
1,206 Posts
I have an ‘18 sleeping as well so I’m sure the update will pop up when I take her out, I’ll just keep putting off till it does it itself like on the last update

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Sooner or later you holdouts will get sick and tired of being forced to address the annoying pop up and cave in lol. Dont worry, the car wont explode or do anything weird if you accept it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Threads quickly popped up when the update from 2017ish broke drive select, this should be good to go. It'll be nice if it speeds up the performance page launching.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
My 18 SRT Durango which has a similar Uconnect , after the most recent update 10 days ago the performance pages load faster...
That sure would be nice. Thankfully I have a fairly long driveway, but it'd be great to have the gauges come up quicker.

Reactions: Glenn_B

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated, I don't see any performance gains. Performance pages still load slowly. Everything else is still the same. Which is fine I still think this is one of the best infotainment systems available. The update probably closed an exploit or security risk.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So how does the Uconnect update automatically? Do you need to have the 4g LTE hotspot going in order for it to update on its own? Thanks.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes automatically, if you have the 4G service or not. Pretty neat actually. Not Tesla level, but still pretty good!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
220 Posts
So how does the Uconnect update automatically? Do you need to have the 4g LTE hotspot going in order for it to update on its own? Thanks.
Canadian car here, no paid UConnect or satellite services anymore, and I got the notice tonight. In "App Manager", it shows a 4G signal indicator in the upper left corner. Just because I'm not paying for it doesn't mean the car isn't constantly connected to cell service. Something to think about.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly the car always has a signal, you may not have access to it if you don't pay for it but it's there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts