SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it's been a while since my need to consult the experts here.
I ordered my '18 Hellcat Charger on Jan. 10th 2018 and took delivery on Feb. 18th 2018. So, a few posts for information and problem solving through the last couple years and all is fairly well with it. Still absolutely smile every time I get in it.
One of the first mods I did along with exhaust at the same time one month later was a rear dif brace. Fast forward to now, 20K miles later and I have removed the drive shaft due to a severe vibration, front coupler is bad, and at that time I noticed the rear dif was leaking at the point where the dif brace bolts into the housing on the right hand side. I removed the dif brace, reinstalled the bolts in the housing and the dif still leaks. The dealers around here have pretty much said they're not going to warranty it.
So what I'm needing is options. How much are the third members? Any ideas as to why it might be leaking besides a hairline indiscernible crack somewhere?
Where do I go from here? Keep in mind this is a cross country traveler. Haven't had it on the strip once.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,889 Posts
Okay, so it's been a while since my need to consult the experts here.
I ordered my '18 Hellcat Charger on Jan. 10th 2018 and took delivery on Feb. 18th 2018. So, a few posts for information and problem solving through the last couple years and all is fairly well with it. Still absolutely smile every time I get in it.
One of the first mods I did along with exhaust at the same time one month later was a rear dif brace. Fast forward to now, 20K miles later and I have removed the drive shaft due to a severe vibration, front coupler is bad, and at that time I noticed the rear dif was leaking at the point where the dif brace bolts into the housing on the right hand side. I removed the dif brace, reinstalled the bolts in the housing and the dif still leaks. The dealers around here have pretty much said they're not going to warranty it.
So what I'm needing is options. How much are the third members? Any ideas as to why it might be leaking besides a hairline indiscernible crack somewhere?
Where do I go from here? Keep in mind this is a cross country traveler. Haven't had it on the strip once.
Could be a manufacturing defect, bad casting, porous or one that just developed a crack from improper stress relief.

Another possibility is the bolt used to fasten the diff brace to the housing was too long and it bottomed out in the hole. When torqued down this cracked the diff housing.

Absent a change in heart by a dealer and getting this replaced under warranty -- fat chance frankly -- maybe you can find a used diff from a wrecked car or one an owner has removed when he fitted a different diff and has it for sale.

There is always "new" too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts