SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,728 Posts
So 56k minus the 1682 and you ate all their hold back?
That can’t be right.
I don't understand your question, I was just responding to how the Holdback was calculated.

Many on here are happy to get Invoice plus half the Holdback plus the factory rebates and dealers are usually happy with that since they are making at least half the Holdback, they actually probably get more from FCA but these are the only numbers we can normally see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
900 Posts
I just meant that it seems most people buying these cars don't have or qualify for the EP pricing (from what I'm reading).
Whereas I can get it from my dad, who's retired from FCA.
And you can still negotiate below EP pricing too. I know with GM though, for example, the dealers can't.
And this. EP is usually decent pricing but you can def get below EP also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone looking for a deal on a Redeye challenger widebody(plum crazy) and non widebody(Bilet Silver). Both have less than 200 miles on them. I work at a dealership in AZ. Text me if you want pics or info. Serious inquires only please. Arnie 510-504-1354😎

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone recommendations for dealers to work with that will sell to CA residents? I tried Koons, but it seems they don't sell cars into CA.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,728 Posts
Some have bought from Dave Smith Dodge in Idaho, a little closer than Virginia.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,149 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone recommendations for dealers to work with that will sell to CA residents? I tried Koons, but it seems they don't sell cars into CA.
Pm inbound

·
Registered
In The Market
131 Posts
Just for reference:

Let’s say you take a 50k MSRP car... I shoot for 10k off about 20% then let them add in the tax/dealer fee and then skip the dealer extras... You come out about 16% give or take all in with taxes... how do you work your deals...

Usually they never like to budge on the dealer fee...
So with some quick math, the koons deal may be about the best you can get if ordering one. 4% under invoice and the HP rebate would be about 8.5k off and then put their fees back in so you are looking at about 7k off. Now you may be able to do better with one off the lot, but I don't think I could find one just how I want this time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,149 Posts
So with some quick math, the koons deal may be about the best you can get if ordering one. 4% under invoice and the HP rebate would be about 8.5k off and then put their fees back in so you are looking at about 7k off. Now you may be able to do better with one off the lot, but I don't think I could find one just how I want this time.
Maybe my math is wrong but youre saying 4% under invoice comes out to be $1500 below msrp?
$8,500 including the Power Dollars? Those numbers dont add up.
Buyers can and have done much better than that already on ordered 2020’s. Myself included.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For those that have bought Hellcats pre-Covid, is the Dodge Power Days promo extremely rare or is a ~10% discount from the manufacturer fairly common? Reason I ask is that if I can find a dealer who will offer below-invoice pricing on an ordered car, will those savings be negated by the fact that the Power Days promo no longer applies? I'd consider a $7k savings out of the gate pretty material. If so, it seems like trying to find a "new" 2018 or 2019 that's been sitting on dealer lots might be a better bet, assuming the Power Days promo applies to those model years, even if I have to compromise on color/configuration.

·
Registered
In The Market
131 Posts
Maybe my math is wrong but youre saying 4% under invoice comes out to be $1500 below msrp?
$8,500 including the Power Dollars? Those numbers dont add up.
Buyers can and have done much better than that already on ordered 2020’s. Myself included.
What I was thinking was (not exact, but just off the top of my head give or take a few hundred and assuming a 48k car), take 2k off of MSRP to get to invoice, take 4% off of that is another 2k and add the PD rebate = 8850.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,149 Posts
What I was thinking was (not exact, but just off the top of my head give or take a few hundred and assuming a 48k car), take 2k off of MSRP to get to invoice, take 4% off of that is another 2k and add the PD rebate = 8850.
Ah yes on a 48k car the numbers are def different than on a 94k car I guess lol. Makes more sense now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,149 Posts
For those that have bought Hellcats pre-Covid, is the Dodge Power Days promo extremely rare or is a ~10% discount from the manufacturer fairly common? Reason I ask is that if I can find a dealer who will offer below-invoice pricing on an ordered car, will those savings be negated by the fact that the Power Days promo no longer applies? I'd consider a $7k savings out of the gate pretty material. If so, it seems like trying to find a "new" 2018 or 2019 that's been sitting on dealer lots might be a better bet, assuming the Power Days promo applies to those model years, even if I have to compromise on color/configuration.
Power Dollars applies to every new Challenger and Charger, not sure about the suv’s and trucks. It’s not rare and every dealer should be offering it considering it is a factory rebate and not a dealer rebate. Pretty sure it applies to 2019’s and 2020’s only though. Not even sure if 2019‘s qualify anymore tbh. @Slidd would probably know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Power Dollars applies to every new Challenger and Charger, not sure about the suv’s and trucks. It’s not rare and every dealer should be offering it considering it is a factory rebate and not a dealer rebate. Pretty sure it applies to 2019’s and 2020’s only though. Not even sure if 2019‘s qualify anymore tbh. @Slidd would probably know.
Got it, but does Dodge regularly run these types of promos where they knock 10% off MSRP on new cars? I know the current one has been running for a few months now, but it's set to expire at the end of this month, and if they don't extend it, are we likely to see another promo pop up later down the road that will result in as much savings?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,149 Posts
Got it, but does Dodge regularly run these types of promos where they knock 10% off MSRP on new cars? I know the current one has been running for a few months now, but it's set to expire at the end of this month, and if they don't extend it, are we likely to see another promo pop up later down the road that will result in as much savings?
Tbh I dont think it's going away any time soon. And no the rebates have never been offered on Hellcats before so historically it's not common. But this platform is getting long in the tooth and the promo has been pretty successful. It's what pushed me over the edge a couple of weeks ago to order a new RE. My money says you will see Power Dollars or something similar pretty much indefinitely to keep an old dog selling.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
312 Posts
No - it was very unusual and the PDs shook the market pretty hard late last year. GM especially, who were offering big discounts due to slumping sales. Why buy a hideous Camaro when you can have a Hellcat in your life?

PDs were a market adjustment and kept product moving. It put HCs into the hands of folks on the fringes of ownership.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts