SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts

This may help you figure it out too... There is no mechanical linkage on these cars from the shifter to the trans, it is all done electronically. The only actual linkage is the emergency park release cable, make sure that isn't pulled at all for some reason. Assuming you are getting "P1B14: Parkbywire unintended park position", the diag tree starts with verify transmission fluid level, and check for leaks. The trans needs to build pressure in order to release the park pawl, and then needs to feed it through a solenoid to release the park pawl. You could have a no pressure issue, which is what it sounds like from the first symptom you listed... Or you could have a faulty solenoid, or faulty wiring. Either way the shop should be able to figure this out pretty quickly with a good diagnostic tool and a pressure gauge.

· Registered
75 Posts
MAKE SURE TO APPLY EMERGENCY BRAKE BEFORE YOU DO THE FOLLOWING. Get under the car and make sure the tow cable going to left side of the transmission isn’t stuck in the tow position, you will see the cable meet a small linkage. Let someone engage and disengage the tow strap from near the shifter inside the car and confirm free movement of the linkage from the bottom!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I haven't found the diag yet but I did find a shop. Spok with owner and seems competent. I'll tow it first of the month. I will update this thread as soon as I know something I promise. Lol

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok so I just paid the dealer for pairing the keys with the car. It has an appt to be towed to a performance shop to fix. Dealer had to flash computer to pair keys so I wonder if the tune is still there.

· Registered
153 Posts
Ok so I just paid the dealer for pairing the keys with the car. It has an appt to be towed to a performance shop to fix. Dealer had to flash computer to pair keys so I wonder if the tune is still there.
Wait a minute... What did they flash? (There are many "computers" in these cars) The keys are programmed in the RF Hub, and shouldnt have required flashing the ECM/TCM to reprogram keys. UNLESS your custom tune was somehow interfering with the CAN bus, in which case that may have been the source of the problem in the first case...

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi, all the guy said was that it was tough and they had to flash it. Now Flash could be a term he said to me but now that you ask, I will call tomorrow and get the techs words about exactly what he had to do. Thanks..

· Registered
314 Posts
The same thing happened to my Chrysler 200. A sensor wasn't sensing that I was pressing the brake pedal when trying to shift out of park. Good luck with your cat.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts