SRT Hellcat Forum banner

[UPDATE] 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat Lay in Wait

27K views 93 replies 18 participants last post by  manish 
#1 ·

Our very own Kevin McGuinn has friends in low places that were able to get a quick snapshot of what appears to be a Pitch Black Challenger SRT Hellcat taking a break. Kevin says the car was 'shot' in Detroit at a "holding lot getting ready to go for service updates apparently from Dodge." What those service updates are we don't know. His source was unable to obtain that information either.

Thank you Kevin for sharing this 'spy shot' with the community!

Folks we have an update to this story. Kevin has heard from his source that there is an issue with the back windows blowing out (drivers side) Here are the full details below:

*UPDATE* My source has confirmed that a lot of the back windows are breaking because of pressure. Apparently the drivers side window is not moving up and down to release the pressure. The Hellcats are being shipped to two facilities outside of Detroit for the updates and repairs. Stay tuned. Oh and he said they have to really watch loading these beasts on the car haulers because of the front splitter. ~ Kevin McGuinn

Source: Hellcat.ORG/Kevin McGuinn

See less See more
#2 ·

Our very own Kevin McGuinn has friends in low places that were able to get a quick snapshot of what appears to be a Pitch Black Challenger SRT Hellcat taking a break. Kevin says the car was 'shot' in Detroit at a "holding lot getting ready to go for service updates apparently from Dodge." What those service updates are we don't know. His source was unable to obtain that information either.

Thanks Kevin and cereal for sharing

#3 ·
Geez, I look at that awesome car and have a bit of regret that I did not go with black again! That car looks beast! I am sure mine will too, but that is a beauty! It just makes the dream a little more reality seeing a candid shot! I can't wait to see these babies tearing up the street!

#6 ·
There is NO doubt everyone in the area will know my car. Right now I get away with crap because the po po just sees a bit of black and there are 3 loud black muscle cars by my office. I am usually out of my car and in the office before they are looking for who was causing trouble. The red is going to be more difficult to hide, especially that unique Hellcat growl. I thought about slowing down, but that just isn't in the cards! You guys are going to love the black. I'm wax my car 1x a month minimum and it always shines and looks sharp!:)

#7 ·
There is NO doubt everyone in the area will know my car. Right now I get away with crap because the po po just sees a bit of black and there are 3 loud black muscle cars by my office. I am usually out of my car and in the office before they are looking for who was causing trouble. The red is going to be more difficult to hide, especially that unique Hellcat growl. I thought about slowing down, but that just isn't in the cards! You guys are going to love the black. I'm wax my car 1x a month minimum and it always shines and looks sharp!:)
Haha a client told me once that according to statistics the po po pull over red cars the most because it is psychologically the most aggressive color and it makes you look like you're driving way faster than you actually are

#4 ·

*UPDATE* My source has confirmed that a lot of the back windows are breaking because of pressure. Apparently the drivers side window is not moving up and down to release the pressure. The Hellcats are being shipped to two facilities outside of Detroit for the updates and repairs. Stay tuned. Oh and he said they have to really watch loading these beasts on the car haulers because of the front splitter.

#21 ·

That's my car! Ship the damn thing!!!!!

#63 ·
Mine has been at D since the 16th. Called SRT last week and the lady said they usually start building within 30 days of hitting D status.

Reactions: 630
#30 ·
I work for BNSF railroad we supposedly have the contract too ship for dodge just won it this year. I'm trying too look at any paper work when I'm running a vehicle train. They come down through Chicago then too Galesburg. I get on train at burg take it too Kansas city so I'm looking on train list they tell us what kind of cars are being shipped. So far I haven't seen any challengers mainly trucks but I'm not on every vehicle train but I'm looking for them!!!! If there on my train I'll tell everyone

#34 ·
My Hellcat is picking up the train from Chicago on the 9th and gets to Oregon on the 17th. If you get to run a train, look for my sexy red Hellcat. Pics would be AWESOME!!!!!!:D

#45 ·
Well there are some members who had to deposit more than $5k but there were some who got it at MSRP so let's hope your dealer knows what they are doing. If you got a POC (Price order confirmation) which has your VIN and VON you should be in the queue. Did you grab the SRT customer service number yet? You can call them 8am - 8pm EST I believe to check on your VIN. You must provide your last name and last 8 digits of the VIN. Their number is 1-855-778-8326

#49 ·
Then that means the factory has not received your order from the dealership yet unless I'm mistaken. You should receive the VON on your POC. Don't quote me on this because there's one or two other members who know a bit more detailed info about this however once you receive your VIN then the manufacturing plant has received your order from the dealership. Without the VIN you can't do much except talk to your sales rep. If he doesn't know much get him to bring a Senior sales rep out who can get a Chrysler agent on the phone to make sure your order goes thru. It is possible they did not have any allocation available yet if they already sold their allocations for the month. I had to talk to 3 regular reps and a VP of Finance before I got my current Senior Sales rep who took care of everything quickly.

#50 ·
I'll find out I was there when they put order in computer and we're pretty much like now you wait and see. They were only allotted one told me I could buy it but I wanted too order it the way I wanted it. Dodge has not picked up thier order for allotted car mine and there is another guy trying too get one also. All three still not picked up I'm going to get in there Monday talk to head of dodge sales he put my order in kept saying he can't and wont promise I'll get it. Said its all up too how many dodge decides too make. So I'm not sure what the hellcat too do?

#60 ·
I changed to a smaller dealer too. The president of Dodge says they are going to make one for anybody that wants one. I will take his word on that. I live in Michigan and have no intention of ever taking it out on a salty or snowy road. I don't need mine until March, thats not to sayI wouldnt want it. I figure ship 'em to the people that can drive 'em in the winter months, just dont forget me come the end of March. I would burn through a tank of gas a week just starting it and revving it every day. My first dealer took a $5000 deposit, the second dealer took only $1000. Have a little faith. :)

#61 ·
When mine comes in, if its raining, I will immediately head to the dealer and pick up my red key. I live on a dirt road and I am not bringing it home muddy. I am surely not leaving it for some punk porter to burn the tires off it. I know what they are like, I was one many many moons ago. The valet mode is all they get!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.