SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched on here and looked at tons of other challengers online and in person and it seems like my go mango front bumper color match is way off compared to others. The rear is pretty much a perfect match.

2016 Go Mango, 15k miles, sits in a garage most of the time. Never been damaged or repainted. Am I crazy? Are you guys all dealing with this too and I’m blind? I can spot my color difference from a mile away day or night.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
Ya that's a shade off. Although it's super common for the bumpers to not match perfectly. Did you buy it new? Are you positive that it wasnt painted?

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya that's a shade off. Although it's super common for the bumpers to not match perfectly. Did you buy it new? Are you positive that it wasnt painted?
I bought it from a Dodge dealer with 4,000 miles on it. No recorded damage, repaint or anything. I know that doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t, anything can happen. Is there a way to take this up with FCA to find out more? I’ve never had to deal with a paint issue but this bumper looks ridiculous to me.

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,217 Posts
I’m guessing repaint somewhere along the line as well.
Yeah wow! if that’s the way (whoever it was) they let paint jobs go I’m sure they’re out of business by now

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
I bought it from a Dodge dealer with 4,000 miles on it. No recorded damage, repaint or anything. I know that doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t, anything can happen. Is there a way to take this up with FCA to find out more? I’ve never had to deal with a paint issue but this bumper looks ridiculous to me.
Imo that's been painted. Maybe not on a Carfax report but you can wipe you @ss with Carfax reports anyway. So many things not reported on them, extremely flawed system. FCA isnt going to help at all. It's on you now. One you drive off the lot paint defects are pretty much yours unless it was a manufacturing process defect and that will be impossible to prove.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bummer if it was repainted. The actual paint job, fit and finish looks great, just the color is off. I saw another member with a similar issue. Mismatch from the factory. Was just wondering if anyone had any success with taking this up with FCA, what they did if they have gone through this, or if it was a live with it and front the money to have it fixed if you don’t like it sort of deal.

Here is the other member’s car for reference, same color.

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,217 Posts
Imo that's been painted. Maybe not on a Carfax report but you can wipe you @ss with Carfax reports anyway. So many things not reported on them, extremely flawed system. FCA isnt going to help at all. It's on you now. One you drive off the lot paint defects are pretty much yours unless it was a manufacturing process defect and that will be impossible to prove.
Agreed the OP will have to pay to fix it or ignore it, how that was let out the door by whoever in the first place is quite a mystery...other then it was painted to dump and no one gave a flying #%?! either way

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,165 Posts
The bumpers do come into Brampton already painted by the vendor who makes them for FCA so it is possible the car was delivered like that even though the rear matches much better. So car and trim is painted at different times at different locations and sometimes they just don't match.

Doesn't hurt to ask FCA but would be better if you were still inside the 3/36, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
926 Posts
Is it ppf possibly? I doubt it. Another member was selling his silver car and it was a clear difference for some reason. But your gonna have to paint it cause it will drive you nuts!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I, too, think it's been painted. What's FCA supposed to do about it? It would be different if the car was sitting new on a dealer's lot but this is 5 years and 4,000 miles later. My guess is that a previous owner had it repainted without going through insurance.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it ppf possibly? I doubt it. Another member was selling his silver car and it was a clear difference for some reason. But your gonna have to paint it cause it will drive you nuts!
I do have ppf on it, but it looked like this before the ppf went on. There is ppf on all the surrounding areas too.

I hear what y’all are saying, looks like the best course of action is to have a good shop repaint it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
547 Posts
Wowsers.... yeah.... that's definitely not a match..

This was actually a common thing on some colors in the 5th gen Camaro community... so it's not necessarily that it's been repainted. As someone mentioned above, this most likely came as is on the factory line and someone missed it...

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
125 Posts
I’ve searched on here and looked at tons of other challengers online and in person and it seems like my go mango front bumper color match is way off compared to others. The rear is pretty much a perfect match.

2016 Go Mango, 15k miles, sits in a garage most of the time. Never been damaged or repainted. Am I crazy? Are you guys all dealing with this too and I’m blind? I can spot my color difference from a mile away day or night.

View attachment 569918
View attachment 569919
I have a 2017 Torred and the bumper on it is a shade darker, I bought it used and also wondered if it was wrecked at some point. The carfax checked out, seeing this makes me think otherwise now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wowsers.... yeah.... that's definitely not a match..

This was actually a common thing on some colors in the 5th gen Camaro community... so it's not necessarily that it's been repainted. As someone mentioned above, this most likely came as is on the factory line and someone missed it...
That is what has been confusing for me. It is obviously a poor match, so I would assume the work of a shop that doesn’t care if it really was repainted. Yet, there are no apparent defects in the paint, the quality looks the exact same as the fenders and hood. The fit and finish of the bumper relative to the fenders and hood is perfect, even down to the stripes aligning perfectly. The “quality” of the work (color match vs everything else) doesn’t match up, which makes me think it really did come from the factory like this.

Watch me have it repainted and 40 years from now the “rare” factory mismatched bumpers are the most sought after of them all!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I agree with the above as it's probably been repainted. True story. I have a 2016 Durango RT that we bought brand new. After a couple thousand miles the water pump gave out and the dealership had to replace it under warranty. In that process the tech put a large scratch across the front bumper (thank goodness for drop off pictures) and the dealership was forced to repaint our front bumper. It doesn't show up on carfax as damage, just a service record. Not sure if that is normal practice or because I threw a fit not wanting it to show up as body work as when we go to sell the car I didn't need it to have an "accident" on it's history.

I also know of a couple people that had their car damage in transport for which the dealer had to get body panels repainted before delivery. It's not super common but does happen. I doubt it was in an accident but for some reason it's been repainted. Could be for something as simple as a bunch of rock chips as I know a couple dealerships that will repaint the front of almost every bumper on their high end cars before selling.

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a 2017 Torred and the bumper on it is a shade darker, I bought it used and also wondered if it was wrecked at some point. The carfax checked out, seeing this makes me think otherwise now.
Got any pics? Sounds like you and I are in the same situation. I’d be interested to see if I could tell yours as easily. Strange thing is top down it’s harder to tell the color difference hood from bumper. From the side? Well you can see the pics lol. It drives me crazy when I see it all nice and waxed outside in the sun and then boom two different shades waxed to perfection are glistening back at me.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts