SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 40 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the millionth time. Vehicles are not built based on the timestamp/rolling count of orders in the system.

But if it makes you feel better, and helps with the wait....think whatever you want.

Which is exactly why they aren't built in the order of how they are in the system.
My 2022 Super Stock was in 'D' status for about five weeks and went to 'D1' about five days ago. My car is pretty much 'loaded up' as you can see in the POC attached. Also, from my experience it takes about a month after it ships to arrive @ the dealership. All we can do it be hopeful that delays are not as awful as they have been in the past.
to be fair, I ordered mine on 12/12/21. And it’s a non red eye/jailbreak Hellcat WB.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For the millionth time. Vehicles are not built based on the timestamp/rolling count of orders in the system.

But if it makes you feel better, and helps with the wait....think whatever you want.

Which is exactly why they aren't built in the order of how they are in the system.
I believe you but I also believe what I just read at my local dealers DealerConnect. They may not go exactly by VIN but I can’t see them being ‘thousands’ out of order.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
70 Posts
I believe you but I also believe what I just read at my local dealers DealerConnect. They may not go exactly by VIN but I can’t see them being ‘thousands’ out of order.
It all depends on option availability. Sometimes they will run out of certain parts for various options and there will be a delay while waiting for re-stock, while cars that were ordered after you might not have the same issue. Once you make it to 'D1' status, they supposedly have all of your options gathered and a scheduled build date is assigned. But I have seen lots of weird stuff happen over the last five years. Be patient, your car will come and I am sure you will be happy :cool:

Reactions: Tannehill

·
Registered
199 Posts
And yep. I ordered a fully tilted Jailbreak on 12/30. They told me 12 weeks, but I ordered everything but a sunroof and mine is going to sit in the upfitter forever. At least this time I didn't get the painted satin graphics... that option alone takes ages as they have to manually paint it and let it cure before it leaves. However, I did get all the little knick-knackery like the brass monkey wheels + badges, copper weave carbon fiber, alcantara headliner, and so on. Although that stuff won't take long to put on, it is a lot of little things they need to take in stock for the build. Something tells me that they don't have all those bits just sitting around waiting and ready to go.

If I see my car before May, I'll probably kiss the Dodge dealer (because having to ride around in my wife's Hyundai is getting tiresome... and it's only been 3 days...)

You do understand the "upfitter" just does the stripes right? They have nothing to do with ANY options you pick, besides stripes of course, because that is all they do

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It all depends on option availability. Sometimes they will run out of certain parts for various options and there will be a delay while waiting for re-stock, while cars that were ordered after you might not have the same issue. Once you make it to 'D1' status, they supposedly have all of your options gathered and a scheduled build date is assigned. But I have seen lots of weird stuff happen over the last five years. Be patient, your car will come and I am sure you will be happy :cool:
Besides the wheels and the 3.09 gears I have no options.

·
Premium Member
Charger Hellcat Widebody
81 Posts

Relax Tannehill, a lot of newbie orders and they are excited. You remember when you were a newbie.

·
Premium Member
Charger Hellcat Widebody
81 Posts
I would laugh if it shipped without wheels and tires. You know, because the build finishes a day after it ships. Something's gotta give.
1 time my ram was missing power folding mirrors. Lol It was installed a month later after taking delivery.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,826 Posts
You do understand the "upfitter" just does the stripes right? They have nothing to do with ANY options you pick, besides stripes of course, because that is all they do
No idea, I just recall my 2020 order where it sat, and it sat and it sat, and sat and sat and sat for almost 18 weeks at the upfitter getting more done than stripes :)

Edit:
A quick Google search lists what the Dodge upfit center does on the Hellcat models:

Stripes
Painted Satin / Black Vinyl body panel application
Widebody wheels+tires
Exterior non-standard badges (Demon badges, colored special badges)
Hood pins
Drag radial installation

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
70 Posts
Let's all try and remember that this is the exciting part of the journey. Once your new car arrives, you enjoy it for a while, and then its 'What's Next'? :p

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,717 Posts
Upfitter does not do stripes, those are done at Brampton.

Nor do they do the wheels any more.

Upfitter does satin black package, black roof, hood pins, interior appearance group and who knows what else they might do with Jailbreak.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
401 Posts
February 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Reactions: Vet Rider

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
86 Posts
Congratulations
Considering they only built approximately 400 Challengers a week all models
You will be waiting on it for a good while.
They build more than double that number per week. That's Camaro volume, not Challenger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,762 Posts
This guy just goes in to every thread and fills it with negativity
Because for the last year this forum section has been filled with newer posters going into every thread filling it with BS.

It's negative to many because it's not the reality they want to hear. So many newbies want to read about rainbows, unicorns, and lucky charms shooting out of their car ordering experiences ass, and how great there dealers shitty build/delivery estimates are and that their cars will be there in a few weeks delivered by Aladdin on a magic f-ing carpet.

·
Registered
'17 Daytona, Ray Barton forged 392. Magnuson tvs2300, dss drive shaft, eibach, kooks, catless...
53 Posts
Mine said build confirmation for week of February 14. As long as I have it by memorial day weekend, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Because for the last year this forum section has been filled with newer posters going into every thread filling it with BS.

It's negative to many because it's not the reality they want to hear. So many newbies want to read about rainbows, unicorns, and lucky charms shooting out of their car ordering experiences ass, and how great there dealers shitty build/delivery estimates are and that their cars will be there in a few weeks delivered by Aladdin on a magic f-ing carpet.
I can agree with there being a lot of BS in these sections. I followed the 2021/2022 manual transmission threads and quickly picked up on the senseless information, but in this case, the man has a build and ship date. How is that not reality?

21 - 40 of 169 Posts