SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Update on my wrecked Hell Cat

3105 10
Well I got a call from Dodge and all the parts have arrived to repair my wrecked Hell Cat. The last parts to arrive were the two rims. They had 13 on back order, but the manufacturer had just released 20 to the parts warehouse. I drop the car off Monday to start the work. I will be curious to see how the rear suspension repairs go and the track of the car after the repairs. Total estimate sits at $5,498.39 with over half of the bill for the two tires and rims. The suspension parts were actually cheap I thought with the most expensive part at $250. for the lateral arm sport.
Reactions: INVNO1
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Well I got a call from Dodge and all the parts have arrived to repair my wrecked Hell Cat. The last parts to arrive were the two rims. They had 13 on back order, but the manufacturer had just released 20 to the parts warehouse. I drop the car off Monday to start the work. I will be curious to see how the rear suspension repairs go and the track of the car after the repairs. Total estimate sits at $5,498.39 with over half of the bill for the two tires and rims. The suspension parts were actually cheap I thought with the most expensive part at $250. for the lateral arm sport.
Glad to hear you are about to get your baby back! Let those dumb shizzy's go next time that want to run you off the road!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Why would you want to drive around on drag radials all the time? Just because they are DOT legal doesn't make them a good street tire. Keep the drag radials for the track (even if you put them on at home and drive to and from the track).

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I drove around with my cobra all the time with DRs, no issues,, Johnny is doing the same on his hellcat.. mind you, mines not a daily driver,,
I'm not saying you can't. They just aren't good street tires. You have very soft sidewalls, less tread, they are not as good in the rain. In an emergency maneuver drag radials will hurt more than help. They also tend to be sticky and kick up more pebbles on your rear quarters (at least I think so)

Nothing wrong with doing it as long as you really understand the differences. I like DR for the track (and the drive back and forth) that's it. I'll take a good road tire (all season or summer) for the rest of the time.

Do what works for ya!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I guess I have never really used any of my muscle cars as a daily driver,,, to bad they don't make a tire that's good for both
Tires like many things are all about compromise. What's good for one thing isn't generally good for something else. Just like snow tires... Great in the snow but they wear fast, very soft and they don't work very well when it isn't snowing!

Reactions: hellcat1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.