SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on doing a stage 1 HHP package after my powertrain warranty expires. Advertise 850hp with 2.85, tune, injectors etc...

John Bond offers rebuilds of IHI blowers with upgraded hardware. A stage 2 rebuild offers ceramic bearings capable of 18,000 rpm on the "input side". How many people opted to beef up the stock blower when doing a pulley change? If I remember right a 2.85 pulley swap will spin the bearings at 18,600 ish? My concern is longevity. Is it worth it to be proactive with upgrading the stock blower or should i just send it out if it grenades later? Anyone get their stock blower rebuilt with better hardware from J. Bond?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I’m waiting until mine starts making noise to mess with it. Maybe by then used RE blowers might be more economical choice of funds spent. I’m running 2.85 also, about 3500 miles so far and no issues and I shift at 6500 with a M6 and it’s not babied.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Even if the supercharger makes some noise, that doesnt mean it is done. The 1 blower i have heard of grenading had 130k miles on it, and had been pullied for over 70k miles of that. It was an original never replaced under warranty. 15 or 16 cant remember.

·
Premium Member
6,524 Posts
Planning on doing a stage 1 HHP package after my powertrain warranty expires. Advertise 850hp with 2.85, tune, injectors etc...

John Bond offers rebuilds of IHI blowers with upgraded hardware. A stage 2 rebuild offers ceramic bearings capable of 18,000 rpm on the "input side". How many people opted to beef up the stock blower when doing a pulley change? If I remember right a 2.85 pulley swap will spin the bearings at 18,600 ish? My concern is longevity. Is it worth it to be proactive with upgrading the stock blower or should i just send it out if it grenades later? Anyone get their stock blower rebuilt with better hardware from J. Bond?
My Hellcat Charger is still running the original SC since 2015 and it started with me and my Husband @Top Cat going to the Track 3Xs a weeks for R&D and T&T for parts and Diablo Tuning.

My Charger is basically the Stage 2 package.
I wouldn't upgrade until it may be needed. Then your money is spaced out. And you never know you may want to upgrade your SC to something more.

Linda :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts