SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a long time Mopar fan and am beginning the process of upgrading my 2016 Hellcat Charger with a 2.75 Metco pulley, QTP electric cut off pipes, and a legmaker intake. I had several questions before installing these and trying to find out what else i need to run this properly.
1. Do I need a tune?
Now i know a tune can only help, but with the locking of the cars PCM and where I live not having access to a good dyno shop I'm wondering if the car will make more power even without a tune.
2. Do I need to upgrade my gas?
I only run on 93 octane and live in south florida. Will 93 octane be enough for a 2.75 pulley or will i need to find another option.
3. Do i need to upgrade my injectors?
I know when you're pushing more power upgraded injectors are necessary but i was told by my local mechanic that we wouldn't need them. I'm skeptical but trust him as he's never steered me wrong before.
4. Any other supporting mods that I need to consider?
Any other mod suggestions that can help me create a safe and fun daily driver would be welcomed. My goal is to only push 850hp at the crank

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,100 Posts
Hello, I am a long time Mopar fan and am beginning the process of upgrading my 2016 Hellcat Charger with a 2.75 Metco pulley, QTP electric cut off pipes, and a legmaker intake. I had several questions before installing these and trying to find out what else i need to run this properly.
1. Do I need a tune?
Now i know a tune can only help, but with the locking of the cars PCM and where I live not having access to a good dyno shop I'm wondering if the car will make more power even without a tune.
2. Do I need to upgrade my gas?
I only run on 93 octane and live in south florida. Will 93 octane be enough for a 2.75 pulley or will i need to find another option.
3. Do i need to upgrade my injectors?
I know when you're pushing more power upgraded injectors are necessary but i was told by my local mechanic that we wouldn't need them. I'm skeptical but trust him as he's never steered me wrong before.
4. Any other supporting mods that I need to consider?
Any other mod suggestions that can help me create a safe and fun daily driver would be welcomed. My goal is to only push 850hp at the crank
Where in south Florida, im in the Naples area, and about to start on the same mission. Thinking of using NUR performance or Forza tuning

1 - 3 of 3 Posts