SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a used hellcat charger and came across this one. 3 owners, 26k miles and on the lot since 1/20/21. Carfax is there but we know they aren't the best. the only thing thats got me questioning the car is the dealership reviews. Some of them are not stellar, mostly they dont do the "inspection."
To me the car looks good but ive never owned a HC, so im a tad nervous about pulling the trigger.
So im here asking for some opinions on this one. Let me know what ya think, thanks!

Used 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat 4dr Sedan near Edmonds, WA - West Coast Auto Works (wcautoworks.com)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
What kind of warranty are you getting? If nothing, get the FCA one for peace of mind. They must have some kind of inspection report prior to selling something. Ask to take it somewhere else then for an inspection. What did the Car Fax show? What exactly worries you about the dealer? Selling a lemon or what?

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
652 Posts
Get a pre-purchase inspection from a CDJR dealership. Make it a contingency for purchasing the vehicle and if it doesn't come out clean walk away

Reactions: SlickoLVHC

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
652 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of warranty are you getting? If nothing, get the FCA one for peace of mind. They must have some kind of inspection report prior to selling something. Ask to take it somewhere else then for an inspection. What did the Car Fax show? What exactly worries you about the dealer? Selling a lemon or what?
No warranty at this particular dealership, definitely gonna pick up a Mopar extended one.(good idea) Im going to take the car to the dealership linked above by Granite, to get the inspection. Carfax just shows when it was sold, no real service history. Looks like the services that were logged were at dealers. What worries me is the reviews of people buying cars for them and on the way home the CEL pops on and the dealership says tough luck. They sound like a complete nightmare if you have problems with a vehicle. I would be flying in to get the car and then driving to Vegas. I guess thats where i roll the dice lol

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
863 Posts
So you will be the 4th owner.... And if you try to sell, it would be to the 5th owner... I would not be comfortable with that at this price, sorry. I have gone cheap many times with a lot of things, sometimes it works, but it can really bite you with cars.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
540 Posts
Im in the market for a used hellcat charger and came across this one. 3 owners, 26k miles and on the lot since 1/20/21. Carfax is there but we know they aren't the best. the only thing thats got me questioning the car is the dealership reviews. Some of them are not stellar, mostly they dont do the "inspection."
To me the car looks good but ive never owned a HC, so im a tad nervous about pulling the trigger.
So im here asking for some opinions on this one. Let me know what ya think, thanks!

Used 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat 4dr Sedan near Edmonds, WA - West Coast Auto Works (wcautoworks.com)

View attachment 570739
Couldn't do it at that price.. Hell, I sold my 2018 ZL1 with less than 20k on it for almost that much....I mean, if it's what you want, I get it..

But to me, I just don't make this deal. You could buy a new 392 Scat Pack Charger for that price...

Wouldn't be a Hellcat, but it would be a bad ass ride that's new...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts