SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried the car in valet mode...boy is that lame!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
773 Posts
Thats good to know!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,855 Posts
It's supposed to be

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plan to drop the car off this week for 3 days and wanted to see how lame the car would be IF hey drove it

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Plan to drop the car off this week for 3 days and wanted to see how lame the car would be IF hey drove it
Drop off and they should not be in the same sentence for the hellcat lol

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
I've driven in Valet mode twice. Once to try it out for the first time, and another to show caren how slow it is. Only time it will be used is for any service work. :)

Hellcat Trivia: Valet mode is ~300 HP output. Same power curve as the V6.

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
I've driven in Valet mode twice. Once to try it out for the first time, and another to show caren how slow it is. Only time it will be used is for any service work. :)

Yep Pentastar POWAH !!! Thunder cats Hoooooooooooooooooo!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
I would think a valet would have trouble with the loss of 1st gear on the six speed and not have a clue unless you told him. I tried to leave the dealer with the black key and tried to let out the clutch in 1st gear twice before someone told me it locks out. It was like the parking brake was on. Always that way with the black key? The manual does not seem real clear on black key functions. Just throw it away best advice? I did not know about 1-4 shift with red key at low speeds either. Reminds me of my Viper days. These features kind of suck.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
I would think a valet would have trouble with the loss of 1st gear on the six speed and not have a clue unless you told him. I tried to leave the dealer with the black key and tried to let out the clutch in 1st gear twice before someone told me it locks out. It was like the parking brake was on. Always that way with the black key? The manual does not seem real clear on black key functions. Just throw it away best advice? I did not know about 1-4 shift with red key at low speeds either. Reminds me of my Viper days. These features kind of suck.
no on a M6 its 1st-4th eco shifts in valet mode with either key

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,693 Posts
I just got a six-speed, but have not heard of any lock-out of 1st gear with black key, that's disturbing! Not jazzed about skip shift, either, darn.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
596 Posts
Aren't the revs limited to 4k in valet mode? If so, are the revs limited to 4k with the M6?

And just to clarify, the M6 requires 1-4 skip-shift all the time in valet mode?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
473 Posts

The cars should have been delivered with 1 red key, 1 black key and a pink key for valet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
562 Posts
I have valet my car 2 times, both time gave them my black key. Problem was I had my red key so I couldn't activate valet mode. Plus side was I watched them both times park it right out front for everyone to see. Was in the same spot both times I came back. Big tips each time...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have valet my car 2 times, both time gave them my black key. Problem was I had my red key so I couldn't activate valet mode. Plus side was I watched them both times park it right out front for everyone to see. Was in the same spot both times I came back. Big tips each time...
So you can not put the car in valet mode with the black key?

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Valet mode activates from either key

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,781 Posts
ya what they said....valet mode is independent of the key you have.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts