SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Yep, as already stated you can put the car in Valet mode using either key. Reduced power output and limitations are the same regardless of key used.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
I think valet mode is one of the neatest features of the Hellcats. Put it in valet before leaving for vacation and plan on using it every time it goes in for service.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
120 Posts
So for Valet Mode on an M6:
What does it do besides reduce HP to 300?
1st gear?
esc?
bypass of S./C?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,612 Posts
The cars should have been delivered with 1 red key, 1 black key and a pink key for valet.
I got TWO Red keys and ONE Black key with my Hellcat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
513 Posts
whats even more lame is when you have a drunk buddy put a random code in while you run into the store and then he cant remember it so it is stuck in valet mode. . . . hahaha. wa wa waaaaaa.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
120 Posts
I had to check myself....lol

It is 2 reds and 1 black.

And I agree, the valet mode has great potential as a concept but clearly falls short as it should not be disabled by a simple battery disconnect. Makes it almost completely useless.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,385 Posts
whats even more lame is when you have a drunk buddy put a random code in while you run into the store and then he cant remember it so it is stuck in valet mode. . . . hahaha. wa wa waaaaaa.
I would call that "Buddy's Last Ride" :D:D

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
513 Posts
I would call that "Buddy's Last Ride" :D:D
I concur haha. He did buy all the drinks for the two nights he was in town which kinda made up for it haha. Just had to disconnect the battery terminals for a few minutes and was good as new.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,692 Posts
I understand that valet mode limits car to 4K rpms, and also locks out the performance pages apps. Most valet drivers are going to know about, (or go through the effort) to unhook the battery for a few minutes; Also, they'd know they'd get busted, since the driver would have to reset all his radio station presets, and would thus deduce that the battery was disconnected, and immediately hop out and see that his new back tires are now down to the steel belts with one actually losing air...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
The thing about Valet Mode that puzzles me is the fact that the person you left your beloved Hellcat with can RESET the various performance history readouts in the dash display. With the Black Key in hand and Valet Mode activated, the whole dash display can be accessed, cleared, and even reconfigured.

To really lock down the car in Valet Mode, you shouldn’t even be able to see the performance statistics screens or Trip Odometer screens - much less reset them. Some level of slow-motion hanky-panky is still possible. I was 18 once and can imagine a scenario or two...

I’m glad Valet Mode is there, though. Without that feature, handing some stranger the Red Key is like handing someone a hand grenade with the pin pulled. The Black Key is not that far behind – my SRT8 had 425HP which was enough to get into trouble.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
1 Posts
no on a M6 its 1st-4th eco shifts in valet mode with either key
In the manual 6 speed hellcat do they have a rev limiter in valet mode. I just did a mid muffler delete and had it in valet as my buddy was revving it. It sounded like it had a soft limiter. But im not entirely sure. Apparently the car was in neutral.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is a workaround to the valet mode. How do I know?

I dropped my HC RE off to get PPF, ceramic and tint done about a week and a half ago. Put car in valet mode (put in the code twice, yada, yada) upon reaching the shop doing the install. I told the manager I put it in valet mode (he said, smart idea and they usually do that anyway to comfort owners leaving their vehicles, yah right I say!). Anyway, pick it up after 7 days (yes, seven days, complete paint protection (entire vehicle), ceramic on everything possible and all windows minus windshield tinted, takes a while for a perfectionist shop like one I use) and the valet mode is not on when I start vehicle in their front lot. I didn't bother going in to ask how they got it off as the mileage was the same as when I dropped it off.

But, wondering if maybe battery disconnect or another way they got it off, huh :unsure:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts