SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all forum members who appear to have access to "inside information":

As a former Motorcycle "OEM" guy myself I'd like to know your credentials & source for the information you're posting? Are you a dealer, factory employee etc. and in what capacity do you operate? Based on the recent info. posted by some folks, particularly with build sequence numbers and status updates, etc. I'd guess that if you are in fact a Dodge/Chrysler/ Fiat Group employees then perhaps you're associated with a logistics function?

Please realize that until the people who are posting information with a specific degree of detail and/or confidence identify themselves and their source of information then at best all the information posted here and other forums is purely speculative. With all due respect...identify yourselves and please explain how are you vetting the information before posting it as gospel... Thank you-

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,051 Posts
From what I've seen, Chrysler follows these forums as well. When we started mentioning tracking information on the VOTS website, it was shut down. When we mentioned it still worked on Jeep.com... it was shut down.

Out of the protection of the information flow from getting cut off, I don't see credentials as being important.

·
Registered
In The Market
10,953 Posts
Please realize that until the people who are posting information with a specific degree of detail and/or confidence identify themselves and their source of information then at best all the information posted here and other forums is purely speculative.
In another post awhile back I had mentioned that some of my info comes from a used car salesman friend of mine who I play cards with, but I have to admit I may have been stretching the truth a bit :D. In either event, I'll match up my "speculative" information here against any other source :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
339 Posts
In another post awhile back I had mentioned that some of my info comes from a used car salesman friend of mine who I play cards with, but I have to admit I may have been stretching the truth a bit :D. In either event, I'll match up my "speculative" information here against any other source :)
I for one, am glad to have the info that RS has given and I don't really care where it came from. Seems legit to me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
123 Posts
I've gotten more truth from this forum than any dealer so far. The dealer just loves when I tell them more about my car then they know :) so credentials really don't matter to me. So weather info is slightly wrong, completely wrong, or spot on, I enjoy reading the buzz on our cars. We ordered em, and we'll eventually get them. That's all that matters.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
I dont care either, seems legit to mee too, Thanks for giving us much needed information RS

Reactions: Rey Cat

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
ResumeSpeed has provided such a wealth of information over the years (long before this site ever existed) that I treat what he says with gospel. Doubt others all you want but don't doubt him. He doesn't need to 'prove' himself in my eyes... not sure how he gets his information and it really doesn't matter, nearly everything he's ever provided has proven to be accurate.

Reactions: dejohn and 70Cuda

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
ResumeSpeed has provided such a wealth of information over the years (long before this site ever existed) that I treat what he says with gospel. Doubt others all you want but don't doubt him. He doesn't need to 'prove' himself in my eyes... not sure how he gets his information and it really doesn't matter, nearly everything he's ever provided has proven to be accurate.
Agreed!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay fair enough...to begin with I didn't name names...y'all did so that's on you.

In principal, how does one know that what someone posts is in fact accurate or not...? This implies that an alternate source of information exists for you to fact check postings? If so, please do share with the rest of us... People believe what they want to believe...the truth may be another story...time will tell.

Perhaps the production launch/release of the Hellcat is std. protocol....perhaps not? It would be nice to receive a statement from Dodge/Dealers (via e-mail) every once in a while with official status updates.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
681 Posts
Thank you for all you've done RS!

Reactions: Rey Cat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
A agree, Thanks a bunch to RS, This a free forum, your free to post what ever info and thoughts you like, We forum members take all info with a grain of salt, and hold nobody to there thoughts or guess's. with that's said, any info that trickles down to us we appreciate... As for the OP, Your just coming onto this site,, And asking a lot from people.. Not a great why to start a relationship..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
727 Posts
Umm I'm sure certain people would lose their job if the revealed who they are or their sources. RS has been consistent so far and that's good enough for most. He's not forcing anyway to take what he's saying, so if someone doesn't agree with it they can choose not to believe it. I'm sure it's no sweat off his back.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
Again, I agree, the OP is not making a good impression just jumping on board and wanting names..Relax. and enjoy us members ranting and raving and being silly and wondering when Tammies head will explode.....Wink Wink Tammie

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Okay fair enough...to begin with I didn't name names...y'all did so that's on you.

In principal, how does one know that what someone posts is in fact accurate or not...? This implies that an alternate source of information exists for you to fact check postings? If so, please do share with the rest of us... People believe what they want to believe...the truth may be another story...time will tell.

Perhaps the production launch/release of the Hellcat is std. protocol....perhaps not? It would be nice to receive a statement from Dodge/Dealers (via e-mail) every once in a while with official status updates.
I agree that it is frustrating to get conflicting information and there are others who receive updates from who we think are reliable sources and, in fact, are just misled like the rest of us. ResumeSpeed is one that everyone here has identified as a reliable source and has been accurate in his information. For me, his information is the only data that I count on a truly reliable. My dealer has been honest with me, but he does not have the level of information RS does. This is a forum of people who have built a relationship and became a family to some extent. We have built some trust among each other with honesty sharing of information. Yes, we shared what we heard from SRT Hotline and others, but really they were just relaying what was in the system. They were not privi to the information RS has on why the shippings were delayed or cancelled. Mainly what I am trying to say is that there is a level of trust and proven facts that has led us to believe what information is shared. This is the only member that has been determined to be a source of insider information that has helped members. I hope that helps you understand why we place our confidence in this information. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Again, I agree, the OP is not making a good impression just jumping on board and wanting names..Relax. and enjoy us members ranting and raving and being silly and wondering when Tammies head will explode.....Wink Wink Tammie
;)December 1 if my cat isn't on a train...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
I think with all your vacation time, you should fly out to Metro airport DTW and drive by the storage yard and spy on your, Our cars,lol.. there is a hotel at the end of the street, Call it a Business trip.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
I think with all your vacation time, you should fly out to Metro airport DTW and drive by the storage yard and spy on your, Our cars,lol.. there is a hotel at the end of the street, Call it a Business trip.
There is no way I could be that close to my car and not strategize a break out!!! If I put that much effort into seeing it, my a$$ better be driving the darn thing home or someone is going to be getting a serious butt chewing they do not want. :mad: I love this mean face, I wish I could make it. My daughter always laughs when I try to look mean and she's like, "Mom, you aren't mean so don't even try it! Your face does not get the scary mom look." darn it!! I need the scary mom look. Maybe they would release my Hellcat!!!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.