SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a fairly uncommon movie that most people have not seen, and since it has a nice 1970 Supercharged R/T in it I figured I would pay some homage to Kowalski and his baby with some tags. Good idea or tacky?

Have had a ton of people ask me what my tag meant, and only 1 old timer (sorry if you're above 30, you're not old but getting close) know exactly what it was referencing without an explaining. Wish they did a remake of this movie with a more modern story than a guy doing that for a meth deal bet, and with a newer Hellcat.
inCollage_20210225_124721964.jpg

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, slick idea!!!!!!!! I'm an old-timer and never would have thought of that.
I had nice cars in the past but never a vanity tag.

I ordered one when covid broke and it took 7 months and a lot of harassment emails to get them to make them

·
Premium Member
Twin Turbo Challenger SRT Hellcat
150 Posts
That's awesome...and yes I fit in the "old timer" category it seems. Not as well thought ought but after adding a single white stripe to my Granite Crystal Metallic HC challenger one of my buddies (also an old timer) proclaimed "looks like a real ghetto sled" it stuck lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jakelind707

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's awesome...and yes I fit in the "old timer" category it seems. Not as well thought ought but after adding a single white stripe to my Granite Crystal Metallic HC challenger one of my buddies (also an old timer) proclaimed "looks like a real ghetto sled" it stuck lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Haha that's awesome. I'm nearing 30 and I feel old already so above 30 is definitely hitting "old timer" by today's standard of references

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
868 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
909 Posts
Being a fairly uncommon movie that most people have not seen, and since it has a nice 1970 Supercharged R/T in it I figured I would pay some homage to Kowalski and his baby with some tags. Good idea or tacky?

Have had a ton of people ask me what my tag meant, and only 1 old timer (sorry if you're above 30, you're not old but getting close) know exactly what it was referencing without an explaining. Wish they did a remake of this movie with a more modern story than a guy doing that for a meth deal bet, and with a newer Hellcat. View attachment 569403
I've seen the movie several times and would not have made the connection. Incognito vanity plate! Slick idea!

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
477 Posts
That is a great plate!!!

In my state the plate "HELLYES" is available but I passed, I prefer obscurity. The movie plate is a great idea but not a vanity option in my state because the state requires 3 letters. I can get OA5599A but I don’t think that is good enough.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to add one letter to OA5599 without messing up the message?

IMG_5142.JPG

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is a great plate!!!

In my state the plate "HELLYES" is available but I passed, I prefer obscurity. The movie plate is a great idea but not a vanity option in my state because the state requires 3 letters. I can get OA5599A but I don’t think that is good enough.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to add one letter to OA5599 without messing up the message?

View attachment 569428
It doesn't let you put the space between OA and 5599?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts