SRT Hellcat Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hi destroyerdurango,
Glad to hear you are working with a case manager. Please do not hesitate to reach out via PM if you have any other questions during this process.

Rob
Dodge Cares
not to be a nag but its been two days since the case was opened and ive receieved no calls back. any way to follow up or get a direct contact? thanks Rob!

Half the coolant from the factory? So it left the assembly line and no one noticed, and then went through the PDI you paid good money for and no one noticed? Doubtful. Sounds more like a loss of coolant - they've topped it up once already. Thanks from me too for keeping us informed.
Based on my experience with the purchase of a new Scat Pack and a new Hellcat -- each from a different dealer -- if the vehicle had had only 3 wheels I doubt the dealer PDI would have picked up on this.

well here is an update. they reassured me there is no coolant in the oil. they insist it didnt have enough coolant and the gaskets and supercharger are fine. they topped off the oil saw no other faults and the coolant held pressure for a full 24 hours. i drove the car for an extended amount of time yesterday and it was pretty hot out in NJ and there are zero issues and the cars performing as it should. ill keep my fingers crossed. the check engine light in my experience wouldve turned back on already and wouldve gone into limp
mode as i got on it a few times and replicated a drive similar to what would cause the issues. i am driving her today as well and just hoping its the end of it. still anxious and worried but less. ill keep you all updated
Thanks for the update. Hope it was just low on coolant. Bad enough that it was but still not as bad as it could be.

not to be a nag but its been two days since the case was opened and ive receieved no calls back. any way to follow up or get a direct contact? thanks Rob!
You can never be a nag, destroyerdurango! Please follow up with us via PM with your case number.

Rob
Dodge Cares

It sounds fishy because I can’t understand how being low on coolant would cause bluish white smoke and cause the car to go into limp mode u less it went hot. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in here but if a car is low on coolant or the thermo is stuck, the engine runs hot - it doesn’t blow bluish white smoke out the tailpipe. Maybe I’m wrong here but I hope they got you figured out OP - would be a good one to follow up with if anything changes so we can all learn what this actually was. Thanks and hope it is fixed - if not at least you have a warranty but I know it sucks either way.

Consider this folks:
The intercoolers mounted within the supercharger on rare occasion have been known to leak.
This leaks coolant directly into the intake/combustion chambers.
Not externally visible and can be from tiny all the way up to causing hydrolock of the engine.
Twice loss of intercooler fluid may be ominous.
Watch that intercooler level.
It should never change.
Even tiny coolant intrusion through supercharger and/or combustion chambers, over time will lead to excessive wear and premature failure.

Hi All - Having various issues seemingly with my Hellcat Durango ('21...)

It all started a week ago when I started the car after it sitting for an hour while at gym, blueish/white smoke was shooting out of the exhaust and smelled pretty foul, after driving it, it went away. It also stalled once upon restart. Took it to dealer and they said its normal and i should install an oil drip pan. moving on.

2 days later I get a engine light and I/C coolant level low. take it to dealer, no hard faults, they reset and say im fine. i leave.

next day i do some WOT runs, it goes into "limp mode" and wont go above 80mph affer a few runs. check engine light back on and I/C COOLANT LEVEL notice again.

its currently at dealer and all theyre telling me is they think the coolant pressure is low but they refilled and they see no pressure loss.

anyone experience similar? kind of sucks because there are so little durango hellcats and no one can tell me a thing that makes sense
I have an oil leak that started on mine about a week ago. Got the vehicle back today and was told it was fixed. Got home and it’s still leaking. Horn doesn’t work and they already replaced a plastic panel that fell out. Good luck with yours.

I have an oil leak that started on mine about a week ago. Got the vehicle back today and was told it was fixed. Got home and it’s still leaking. Horn doesn’t work and they already replaced a plastic panel that fell out. Good luck with yours.
Hi Demon Durango,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns!

Rob
Dodge Cares

Hi Demon Durango,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns!

Rob
Dodge Cares
Thank you. I am working with Joe at SRT to resolve the issue. The kind words are appreciated, but as customer who special ordered this vehicle and waited 5 months, I’m hoping the actions to make it right by there customers is even kinder. Thanks for reaching out.

Thank you. I am working with Joe at SRT to resolve the issue. The kind words are appreciated, but as customer who special ordered this vehicle and waited 5 months, I’m hoping the actions to make it right by there customers is even kinder. Thanks for reaching out.
Of course, Demon Durango!
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.