SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Redeye, 26K miles, NO mods except tires.
Every single time I drive the car whether its 5 miles or 200 miles I get a notice by end of day via E-Mail that reads:
" ! Vehicle Alert for your Dodge Challenger"
Next line says " ! Triggered alerts 2"
The alerts are: (1) Power train, Malfunction Indicator light.
(2) Safety Tire pressure Monitoring
#1 has been coming all summer since about 22K. #2 started about a month ago at about 24K.
There are NO lights on my cluster anywhere for any issues.
Dealer cannot find any codes.

This car runs and drive better than ever.

The big joke is that same Vehicle alert notice will say "View full info on your dashboard" Hahaha I go there and it has not been updated since last year. I called Mopar and they have no clue.

Then on the same car I get the typical monthly notice that everything is fine with your Dodge Challenger.

Tire pressure screen works. As the tire PSI changes with tempurature, the system picks it up. I intentionally let the rears down to 25 and the rear tire psi warning came on. Put them back to 32 the warning goes off. I messed with air psi on individual tires and it picks it up.
The Tire pressure monitoring system works. But we are told it does not.

WTF!! These notices bother the hell out of me because I know from being in the business (Retired now) that ANY car controlled by a computer can stop running anywhere, any time. And since no one seems to be able to find out what is supposedly wrong, one has to ask the question, When is it going to just stop running?

Anyone else have anything like this coming via E-mail?
Any techs know anything about this?

My assigned tech at my dealer is a really sharp guy. Hes not just a Tech, he's a true car guy and that makes a difference in my book. He's just never seen this before. He takes care of all 3 of my SRT vehicles. I've never had issues with him or that Dealer. In fact, they have gone to extremes to keep these cars and me happy. My tech is very frustrated with this. He is currently focused on the engine malfunction issue. Neither of us are too worried about the PSI deal but he said he will figure that out as well. He can't throw parts on it unless he can document a reason.
I am leaving the car with him indefinitely later this month for him to figure this out.

·
Registered
2021 Sinamon Stick HellCat
16 Posts
Sounds to me like Uconnect has their cars crossed. You're probably getting the alert for somebody else's car.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
568 Posts
Sounds to me like Uconnect has their cars crossed. You're probably getting the alert for somebody else's car.
I was thinking the same thing. Probably something in their database referencing a different car for his VIN. It's a computer system managed by humans, so there are bound to be issues.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's a mixed-up identity of vehicles as you two are suggesting, I would think and hope they can correct that. Thats a very troubling thought because I could see people really getting screwed over in numerous ways because of the Uconnect system.
Thanks for your input. I hadn't thought of that for a solution and I will pass it along to my tech.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
Anything like this in a hellcat, check your battery to make sure it does not have a bad cell.
Sounds odd I know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I get the same warnings in an email every time I drive the car; which is only about once a week.
This is what it says below. And there are ZERO codes thrown thru the dash & thru my Blue Driver code reader.
Everything works great... so I am forced to ignore it.
I'm at a loss.

Triggered Alerts
3​
Services Required​
Schedule your appointment now​
(1) Powertrain
Malfunction Indicator Light
(1) Safety
Air Bags
(1) Brakes & Suspension
Antilock Brake System

1 - 7 of 7 Posts