SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,764 Posts
Knowing what we know now, if I were to order another HC, it would get a 4-wheel alignment and all tires rebalanced (per my above specs & procedures) before leaving the dealership. I have a great rapport with the Service Mgr and the Asst Service Mgr and many of the techs, including the wheel service tech. It would be an easy request and they would do it for me no question, AND they would let me watch so we could collaborate. The wheel service tech will NEVER use Smart Balance Mode on ANY vehicle ever again! :)
Problem i have is ive never had any relationship with any service dept ever here. I would have zero clue if i could trust the dealer I ordered the RE from. Ive read so many nightmare posts here that im almost paralyzed with fear lol. May have to create a thread looking for a reputable reasonably distanced dealer service.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,046 Posts
Problem i have is ive never had any relationship with any service dept ever here. I would have zero clue if i could trust the dealer I ordered the RE from. Ive read so many nightmare posts here that im almost paralyzed with fear lol. May have to create a thread looking for a reputable reasonably distanced dealer service.
Might be time to start and build a rapport. If you haven't talked to the Svc Mgr or the wheel service tech or the alignment tech at your serving dealer, then you don't know for sure. Buy the Svc Mgr a cup of coffee and talk to him and then you'll know.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
190 Posts
So I just got my hellcat back after having it at reputable tire/wheel shop here in Atlanta that focuses on high end sports cars. This is my before and after alignment sheet below. I have Mickey Thompson 275 35 20 front and beadlocks with MT drags outback 305 45 17. I explained what I want and the car comes back with a vibration and significant humming when under hard acceleration from 70mph and up. It did this samething before I took it in with the factory wheels and tires on it. I am wondering if it is my CCI driveshaft causing this issue.

I do not know if they actually balanced them the way this thread describes along with installing the lugs to 115lbs. I am taking it back Monday for them to redo it.

Toy Line Font Rectangle Machine

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,046 Posts
So I just got my hellcat back after having it at reputable tire/wheel shop here in Atlanta that focuses on high end sports cars. This is my before and after alignment sheet below. I have Mickey Thompson 275 35 20 front and beadlocks with MT drags outback 305 45 17. I explained what I want and the car comes back with a vibration and significant humming when under hard acceleration from 70mph and up. It did this samething before I took it in with the factory wheels and tires on it. I am wondering if it is my CCI driveshaft causing this issue.

I do not know if they actually balanced them the way this thread describes along with installing the lugs to 115lbs. I am taking it back Monday for them to redo it.

View attachment 586241
Based on your Alignment Results, the more positive Front Toe will push the Front Axle Left and the more positive Rear Left Toe will push the Rear Axle Right. While ever so slight, you have each axle fighting each other. The Wheel Toe should be EXACTLY + .1 Degree Toe In EACH WHEEL, no + or -, and dead nuts.

As for Wheel Balance, what Balancer did this shop have?? If it was Hunter, did they turn OFF Smart Weight/Smart Balance Mode?? This is a MUST. If you didn't watch them, they can tell you whatever, which is what may have happened. Go back and talk to the wheel tech. Ask if these modes were turned OFF after a fresh balancer calibration routine. If the tech doesn't seem to know what you are talking about, then they were left ON, which is the Factory Default.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts