SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Bought my hellcat about 4 months ago with just 2k miles. It’s a 2016 Dodge Charger. Anyways sometimes when I downshift or when the car downshifts itself, it won’t rev match and will be super sluggish and slow with a loud clicking thumping noise from the transmission it sounds like. Sometimes the trans will downshift perfectly but usually only in street mode. The car up shifts flawlessly. I attached a video of the noise. You can hear the chatter noise towards the end of the video. What do you guys think it is and why would it be doing this? The car was in the dealer by the original owner to get the catalytic converter recall done and I wonder if when they reflashed the car they messed something up within the programming of the transmission? Car is still under warranty but I’d hate to not have the car for a few months while waiting for a new transmission. Charger hellcat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
I'm on my 2nd Hellcat and I've never heard anything like that. I'd have it looked at before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on my 2nd Hellcat and I've never heard anything like that. I'd have it looked at before the warranty expires.
Yeah I need too. Really weird I can’t think of it being anything other then the trans is somehow bad idk never heard anything like it in my life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts