SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vroom offered me $60k for my 2018 Charger Hellcat w/22k miles. Sold!!
🤣

It's my daily driver & of course the one time I don't have more than one car so that's the catch. What the hell am I going to replace it with?
🙄
Not going to go jump into another expensive car at the top of the market.

I've got some lines out to local dealers to see if anyone has a cheap (sub $200 per mo zero down lease) on some econobox.Drive that around till this dumb market corrects then buy another expensive toy. No sub $700 per mo zero down Charger Redeye leases right now? lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,852 Posts
Used market is way up.....
But again, so is replacing anything with something new.
I think all these people selling cats will be sorry when you replace it. These conductor chip shortages will raise new vehicle pricing.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
856 Posts
I think all these people selling cats will be sorry when you replace it. These conductor chip shortages will raise new vehicle pricing.
I think you’re right. The Fed says inflation is under control, but there are several signs to the contrary.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,503 Posts
This thread just shows how strong the used market is currently. Someone in another thread was asking if 63k was too much for a brand new leftover 2018 Challenger Hellcat being sold as new with full warranty. I commented saying it was def a good price in today’s climate and someone else commented on how it was way too much and how it would be worth 40’s the day he drove it off the lot. Seems like some people haven't received the memo yet lol. Yes it was a Challenger but the values arent all that different. The market is crazy right now.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
803 Posts
They just offered 48,669 for my car with 40k miles. It got all the way to the point where it told me the difference I'd have wired into account, and it was accurate. Crazy how easy it'd be to sell, just enter Vin and condition. No pictures. Nothing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Happily sold my Charger on Friday for $7k more than it was valued for when I looked into selling it last year. Local
Place beat Vroom by $2k, hard to say no to that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,852 Posts
Koons is buying these up, and a salesman told my brother yesterday they do not haggle price. Either pay it or do not buy it.
My car is worth $9k more than I paid for it 3 years ago. Lol.
If people would take a break from buying, the market would settle. As long as demand is up, welcome to the new world order.

Reactions: Deadcat

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
143 Posts
The deal that Dan Cummins Dodge (Jake Stephens) was offering was 4% below invoice price. And that's before whatever the current Dodge discount is. They also locked in the 6k rebate that many of us got when we ordered before the end of March. That's on Challengers, not sure what theyre doing on Chargers. So did the msrp on these jump a lot in the last couple years this inflating the msrp price we were working from??? If it didn't jump a lot I don't understand how it's not a good deal 😎👌

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,852 Posts
I am talking used.
If you are moving on from hellcats, now is the time to sell your used cat.
If your looking to upgrade and order one to be built with delays, sure, not everyone takes that initial hit and gas guzzler tax on a new car.
If your looking to get into anything used, your paying top $ currently.
Kbb is history, a joke, a thing of the past.

To answer your question, it is a great offer on that car. Replacing it is the problem. Chip shortage, demand, etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Koons is buying these up, and a salesman told my brother yesterday they do not haggle price. Either pay it or do not buy it.
My car is worth $9k more than I paid for it 3 years ago. Lol.
If people would take a break from buying, the market would settle. As long as demand is up, welcome to the new world order.
I don’t understand why people are out here paying way more than they need to for a used car. It’s pretty obvious that this bubble will eventually flatten out

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,852 Posts
Its the entire market.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
469 Posts
It's my daily driver & of course the one time I don't have more than one car so that's the catch. What the hell am I going to replace it with? Not going to go jump into another expensive car at the top of the market.
This is a great opportunity to become a 2-car guy. Get a cheap small truck like a Ranger. Something common, easy to repair, lots of cheap parts, etc. It would be your beater and have room to carry your crap.

Then get something cool and impractical. I always watch CL for 69-72 Vettes, many look really nice in the 18-30k range right now. My problem with them is if I take the dog with me, I have to strap the gun cases to the luggage rack!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,503 Posts
I don’t understand why people are out here paying way more than they need to for a used car. It’s pretty obvious that this bubble will eventually flatten out
Because they want one now. No one is waiting for ‘eventually’. It’s been like this for over a year now and people who decided a year ago to wait will actually pay more now. The entire used car market is like this too. Real estate is even worse than this currently.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The market is not going to flatten out or slow down for UC or New values either.. Customer demand is strong and has created a strong whip saw on supply--and the chip shortage is not going away for 1 1/2-2 years--when covid hit the manufacturers over reacted to the slump in sales and cancelled pending chip orders and now they are "in line" like everyone else--exacerbated by the fact that the chip manufacturers shifted production away from automotive and went all in on 5g chips, gaming chips etc..
UC and NC pricing will remain very strong for quite some time barring a massive rebound in covid here in the U.S. or some other type of mega disaster..
The entire economy is currently overstimulated by FED support--my only concern will be when they finally pull the plug on covid relief payments as it has artificially covered up all the collateral damage in the economy--we shall see when the FED payments stop.. I am betting that the consumer will continue to surprise and drive the economy regardless. The lessons learned from 911 and the 2007-08 recession has proven that the consumer will always come back. HellCat/SRT values will remain very stout--don't rush to sell as if this is a once in a lifetime microcosm.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,888 Posts
Yes and no. I just sold a '20 'Hawk for a bit more than I paid for it. Yes, used market is up.
But, I ordered a TRX as a replacement, and will be paying about 8K below MSRP (instead of the 10-25K ADM many are asking for). So what and where you buy your replacement makes a difference.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
645 Posts
Vroom offered me $60k for my 2018 Charger Hellcat w/22k miles. Sold!!
🤣

It's my daily driver & of course the one time I don't have more than one car so that's the catch. What the hell am I going to replace it with?
🙄
Not going to go jump into another expensive car at the top of the market.

I've got some lines out to local dealers to see if anyone has a cheap (sub $200 per mo zero down lease) on some econobox.Drive that around till this dumb market corrects then buy another expensive toy. No sub $700 per mo zero down Charger Redeye leases right now? lol View attachment 572590
You probably won't ever find any redeye at sub 700 unless they overproduce again... which is unlikely due to chip shortage.

If you can get near ep pricing on a charger redeye order you would be looking at mid to high 7s pre tax on a lease through ally.

Ally is offering 62% residual and .31% money factor, Chrysler capital is at an astronomical 5% mf this month.

Note you can't lock in lease residuals/mf for a lease on an order.

Best bet is to wait out the initial hype on the redeyes and then swoop in end of year or next year for 8s.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,313 Posts
I’m glad the wife and I just bought new rides. Ordered both last year. This market is going to be brutal with chip shortages going out to 2yrs. I work in the semiconductor industry and we’re so busy, it’s insane.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts