lets hope not.Once they settle on a trans they probably will, again. Of course, by then it may be mated to a turbo 4-cyl. with electric assist.
Just see Jake. You need a new dealer, wheres that user at? Just_see_jake Appear.Jiimy N.
Where can you order and pay well under MSRP? The dealer I plan to order from is only offering sticker. Perhaps I need to go elsewhere.
Risk either way.So that all being said, does everyone think it would be a better move to keep the car and wait for them to possibly announce that the hellcat powertrain is no longer in production, which in retrospect should make them more valuable, or make the sale now if its for good equity? My car is stock besides 3 little things that would take less than 3 hours to remove, at which point I could sell at half price and still make more.
I don't want to sell my car, but they're making it easy and the market being volatile is worrying. I also just broke over 40k miles, odd day when you put 20k miles on your car and its worth more than what you bought it for.
Let me know how it goes. I dont like their system. I find it really hard to believe they wanna give me $50k for a car thats worth $43 on KBB, sight unseen.The market is crazy right now.
I've had my '20 Scat Pack for a little over 6 months now. MSRP was $50,165.
With my Employee pricing & Power Dollars (at the time), I could've taken the car home for like ~$40k, if I had bought it (I leased it instead though).
I submitted it to Vroom in January and received this lowball:
0ED7067F-1C67-48C1-A206-9824DCDED060 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr
Now, just 3 months later, I submitted it again & received this offer:
0BDE3ABC-94AD-4506-B8D3-A66D176D1914 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr
The dealer offered me $43,500 and wouldn't budge.
That said, I'm selling it to Vroom (and/or trying to)
It's been a hot minute since I've read their contract, but there is a misrepresentation clause. If I recall correctly, if it is found that the car is not in the legally binding condition that you claim it to be in, then they reserve the right to cancel the offer and return your vehicle at your expense. I wouldn't get hung up over excellent to average condition, as those are subjective and they wouldn't return it for that. Now, if you presented the vehicle as pristine, near perfect and it had a tear in the seat, body damage, foul odors, or a major mechanical problem... then that's easily actionable per the contract. From experience, most of these companies evaluate their offer based on a 1 grade lower estimate than the seller claims anyway.Let me know how it goes. I dont like their system. I find it really hard to believe they wanna give me $50k for a car thats worth $43 on KBB, sight unseen.
If you follow their process, it seems like at one point they hold all the cards... v
-you submit appraisal, they appraise
-they send an offer based on what you typed into the computer, and judged your own car condition wise
-that offer is based on just what you typed, not what they will be able to see once they have it
-you sign a ton of papers, and they send a fedex envelope for your title, and tell you how to sign the title (leave mileage blank)
-they schedule pickup, at which point your car gets picked up and you receive a BOL (bill of landing)
-you email the BOL to them and then they cut you the check, for the whole amount if you owe nothing, or the difference in equity, the remainder of balance goes to lien holder
-you wait 2-3 days for your money
now, because this is a pricey car and I am worried I can't find reviews/data showing how the process went without assuming its a payed reviewee, I see the issues between my bold, and italic lines.
what's stopping them from taking your car, putting it on a lift and seeing if its a bit worse off than you rated it, THEY HAVE YOUR CAR and now they can easily say "we dont think its worth 50k in this condition, your car is actually average condition not above average as stated, our new offer is $47,000", you would either need to take the hit and cash out, or get your car back in god knows how long, after who knows how many joy rides...
nothing I see in their paperwork has a finite price in it, and I dont feel right giving my car to someone without a check being handed right back. I find it hard to believe that every other car service appraisal, and dealership based appraisal was around ~$41,500-~$44,000 for my car, and this was just in January. How is it the market has added $6k to my cars value, again, SITE UNSEEN. The other internet people that appraised it wanted a ton of pictures and details about wear/tear items like brakes and tires. This service just has 3 drop downs asked what your cars condition is..
This is when you buy an el cheapo junkyard intake manifold, spend a grand or so to get the car reverted to NA, sell it, then sell the Whipple, net profit ensues.I've been thinking about selling my 2013 Boss 302 Vroom was a little over 32k and Carvana came in at 34500 it's extremely low mileage and I paid right at 32 two years ago. I have about 10k in mods to the car(Whipple Supercharger etc) which they aren't willing to pay for. I knew I would lose money on the modifications unless I find a private party looking for that exact build. Moral of the story if you plan to sell a vehicle anytime in the near future leave it stock. I'm keeping it unless someone wants it more than me and is willing to pay.