SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,888 Posts
Were talking used here I think. You rich folk and your new cars aren't part of our poor mindset :)
Well, that's kinda my point. You can get a new one for less than a used one these days.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
804 Posts
Well, that's kinda my point. You can get a new one for less than a used one these days.
Seems that way, but I dont think I would be selling my used 16 to get into a 20 or 21. I like my car being manual and since they're not offering it for builds, I am not buying.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,888 Posts
Once they settle on a trans they probably will, again. Of course, by then it may be mated to a turbo 4-cyl. with electric assist.

Reactions: jakelind707

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
Jiimy N.

Where can you order and pay well under MSRP? The dealer I plan to order from is only offering sticker. Perhaps I need to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Once they settle on a trans they probably will, again. Of course, by then it may be mated to a turbo 4-cyl. with electric assist.
lets hope not.
Jiimy N.

Where can you order and pay well under MSRP? The dealer I plan to order from is only offering sticker. Perhaps I need to go elsewhere.
Just see Jake. You need a new dealer, wheres that user at? Just_see_jake Appear.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger Hellcat
65 Posts
I looked at Vroom over the weekend. They offered me $50,950 for my 2015 with 5800 miles, bone stock. About 20 minutes later I received a call from them and the guy asked how their offer looked? I told him it was a little too low. 15 minutes later they offered me $52,000 I thought about selling for about 4 hours....then I changed my mind. I think once the big supercharged engines go away the values will really take off. If not that's cool too. I didn't buy it as an investment but curiosity got the best of me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
So that all being said, does everyone think it would be a better move to keep the car and wait for them to possibly announce that the hellcat powertrain is no longer in production, which in retrospect should make them more valuable, or make the sale now if its for good equity? My car is stock besides 3 little things that would take less than 3 hours to remove, at which point I could sell at half price and still make more.

I don't want to sell my car, but they're making it easy and the market being volatile is worrying. I also just broke over 40k miles, odd day when you put 20k miles on your car and its worth more than what you bought it for.
Risk either way.

If Dodge kills off the HC but still plans to produce ICE for another 10+ years the value will most likely go up or at least stay flat.

Now if they kill off the HC and also make claim to kill off ICE then it's possible ICE vehicles will start to lose value IMHO. I just can't see an increasing demand on ICE if the current push to kill ICE and go EV continues at the rate it's being pushed right now. I'm thinking we have several more years before that starts to hurt ICE market values but it's also something you have to take into account when looking at values and speculating on where they may go.

Me personally my only decision factor in keeping or selling is enjoyment. If I still enjoy the car and use it on a regular basis then it stays. If it just sits for months without being driven it's time to go. I make all my car purchases with the assumption I'm going to drive the wheels off it and have no equitable value in it when I'm done. That way it's a benefit if values hold or increase vs a system and bank account shock if they tank in value.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
107 Posts
With all this appraisal talk with our Cats I had vroom check mine out for giggles. There offering 65k for my 2019 stock Cat that currently has almost 15k miles.

I'm not sure I'm ready to sell mine as I haven't gotten all of my funs worth out of it yet and just recently purchased it 10 months ago.

The only other car I would probably consider jumping into next are the gen 6 ZL1 Camaros as I like them too but again I feel it would be too quick to get rid of the Cat but at the same time tempting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8 Posts
Just for the hell of it last week I ran my Challenger and our Rebel through Vroom, they offered almost 3 grand more for my Challenger than my out the door price on the Rebel it is a 2016 with just under 16,000 miles and has never been through a car wash they offered 44 grand and have called me at least 4 times wanting it, If it wasn’t for the fact I could never replace it for under 60 it would be gone. The prices are nuts right now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,022 Posts
Vroom just picked up my 19 Golf R daily.
12900 miles. Paid $42K new and sold it for $37900.

Thinking about doing the same with the Redeye.

The used market is HOT!
SO you drove the little guy for 2 years for basically $4k?! That's amazing!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
The market is crazy right now.

I've had my '20 Scat Pack for a little over 6 months now. MSRP was $50,165.
With my Employee pricing & Power Dollars (at the time), I could've taken the car home for like ~$40k, if I had bought it (I leased it instead though).

I submitted it to Vroom in January and received this lowball:
0ED7067F-1C67-48C1-A206-9824DCDED060 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Now, just 3 months later, I submitted it again & received this offer:
0BDE3ABC-94AD-4506-B8D3-A66D176D1914 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

The dealer offered me $43,500 and wouldn't budge.
That said, I'm selling it to Vroom (and/or trying to)

·
Registered
804 Posts
The market is crazy right now.

I've had my '20 Scat Pack for a little over 6 months now. MSRP was $50,165.
With my Employee pricing & Power Dollars (at the time), I could've taken the car home for like ~$40k, if I had bought it (I leased it instead though).

I submitted it to Vroom in January and received this lowball:
0ED7067F-1C67-48C1-A206-9824DCDED060 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Now, just 3 months later, I submitted it again & received this offer:
0BDE3ABC-94AD-4506-B8D3-A66D176D1914 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

The dealer offered me $43,500 and wouldn't budge.
That said, I'm selling it to Vroom (and/or trying to)
Let me know how it goes. I dont like their system. I find it really hard to believe they wanna give me $50k for a car thats worth $43 on KBB, sight unseen.

If you follow their process, it seems like at one point they hold all the cards... v

-you submit appraisal, they appraise
-they send an offer based on what you typed into the computer, and judged your own car condition wise
-that offer is based on just what you typed, not what they will be able to see once they have it
-you sign a ton of papers, and they send a fedex envelope for your title, and tell you how to sign the title (leave mileage blank)
-they schedule pickup, at which point your car gets picked up and you receive a BOL (bill of landing)
-you email the BOL to them and then they cut you the check, for the whole amount if you owe nothing, or the difference in equity, the remainder of balance goes to lien holder
-you wait 2-3 days for your money

now, because this is a pricey car and I am worried I can't find reviews/data showing how the process went without assuming its a payed reviewee, I see the issues between my bold, and italic lines.

what's stopping them from taking your car, putting it on a lift and seeing if its a bit worse off than you rated it, THEY HAVE YOUR CAR and now they can easily say "we dont think its worth 50k in this condition, your car is actually average condition not above average as stated, our new offer is $47,000", you would either need to take the hit and cash out, or get your car back in god knows how long, after who knows how many joy rides...

nothing I see in their paperwork has a finite price in it, and I dont feel right giving my car to someone without a check being handed right back. I find it hard to believe that every other car service appraisal, and dealership based appraisal was around ~$41,500-~$44,000 for my car, and this was just in January. How is it the market has added $6k to my cars value, again, SITE UNSEEN. The other internet people that appraised it wanted a ton of pictures and details about wear/tear items like brakes and tires. This service just has 3 drop downs asked what your cars condition is..

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
144 Posts
the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true......
I sold my 65 GTO to Vanguard last summer. They're in Michigan but hired someone local to come check out my car and put it through the paces. I wasn't allowing them to pick it up until after I had a check in hand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
I've been thinking about selling my 2013 Boss 302 Vroom was a little over 32k and Carvana came in at 34500 it's extremely low mileage and I paid right at 32 two years ago. I have about 10k in mods to the car(Whipple Supercharger etc) which they aren't willing to pay for. I knew I would lose money on the modifications unless I find a private party looking for that exact build. Moral of the story if you plan to sell a vehicle anytime in the near future leave it stock. I'm keeping it unless someone wants it more than me and is willing to pay.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
697 Posts
I've been gone a few days. So did you take it????????? Timing is everything. My trade-in price swung thousands over a few week period.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
690 Posts
Let me know how it goes. I dont like their system. I find it really hard to believe they wanna give me $50k for a car thats worth $43 on KBB, sight unseen.

If you follow their process, it seems like at one point they hold all the cards... v

-you submit appraisal, they appraise
-they send an offer based on what you typed into the computer, and judged your own car condition wise
-that offer is based on just what you typed, not what they will be able to see once they have it
-you sign a ton of papers, and they send a fedex envelope for your title, and tell you how to sign the title (leave mileage blank)
-they schedule pickup, at which point your car gets picked up and you receive a BOL (bill of landing)
-you email the BOL to them and then they cut you the check, for the whole amount if you owe nothing, or the difference in equity, the remainder of balance goes to lien holder
-you wait 2-3 days for your money

now, because this is a pricey car and I am worried I can't find reviews/data showing how the process went without assuming its a payed reviewee, I see the issues between my bold, and italic lines.

what's stopping them from taking your car, putting it on a lift and seeing if its a bit worse off than you rated it, THEY HAVE YOUR CAR and now they can easily say "we dont think its worth 50k in this condition, your car is actually average condition not above average as stated, our new offer is $47,000", you would either need to take the hit and cash out, or get your car back in god knows how long, after who knows how many joy rides...

nothing I see in their paperwork has a finite price in it, and I dont feel right giving my car to someone without a check being handed right back. I find it hard to believe that every other car service appraisal, and dealership based appraisal was around ~$41,500-~$44,000 for my car, and this was just in January. How is it the market has added $6k to my cars value, again, SITE UNSEEN. The other internet people that appraised it wanted a ton of pictures and details about wear/tear items like brakes and tires. This service just has 3 drop downs asked what your cars condition is..
It's been a hot minute since I've read their contract, but there is a misrepresentation clause. If I recall correctly, if it is found that the car is not in the legally binding condition that you claim it to be in, then they reserve the right to cancel the offer and return your vehicle at your expense. I wouldn't get hung up over excellent to average condition, as those are subjective and they wouldn't return it for that. Now, if you presented the vehicle as pristine, near perfect and it had a tear in the seat, body damage, foul odors, or a major mechanical problem... then that's easily actionable per the contract. From experience, most of these companies evaluate their offer based on a 1 grade lower estimate than the seller claims anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
690 Posts
I've been thinking about selling my 2013 Boss 302 Vroom was a little over 32k and Carvana came in at 34500 it's extremely low mileage and I paid right at 32 two years ago. I have about 10k in mods to the car(Whipple Supercharger etc) which they aren't willing to pay for. I knew I would lose money on the modifications unless I find a private party looking for that exact build. Moral of the story if you plan to sell a vehicle anytime in the near future leave it stock. I'm keeping it unless someone wants it more than me and is willing to pay.
This is when you buy an el cheapo junkyard intake manifold, spend a grand or so to get the car reverted to NA, sell it, then sell the Whipple, net profit ensues.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I'm getting a lot of private messages asking me about the process and if I sold it. I did not sell the car to them. Again, the one time that I don't have more than one car this happens lol. I was hoping to find a sub $200 per month lease deal on some cheap econo box to drive around in while I figure out what else I'm going to buy and wait out this market, but no luck finding any such deals so looks like I'm going to keep the Hellcat. I was hoping I could sell it to get this fat check in my pocket 🤣

41 - 60 of 130 Posts