SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
The market is not going to flatten out or slow down for UC or New values either.. Customer demand is strong and has created a strong whip saw on supply--and the chip shortage is not going away for 1 1/2-2 years--when covid hit the manufacturers over reacted to the slump in sales and cancelled pending chip orders and now they are "in line" like everyone else--exacerbated by the fact that the chip manufacturers shifted production away from automotive and went all in on 5g chips, gaming chips etc..
UC and NC pricing will remain very strong for quite some time barring a massive rebound in covid here in the U.S. or some other type of mega disaster..
The entire economy is currently overstimulated by FED support--my only concern will be when they finally pull the plug on covid relief payments as it has artificially covered up all the collateral damage in the economy--we shall see when the FED payments stop.. I am betting that the consumer will continue to surprise and drive the economy regardless. The lessons learned from 911 and the 2007-08 recession has proven that the consumer will always come back. HellCat/SRT values will remain very stout--don't rush to sell as if this is a once in a lifetime microcosm.
The housing and car markets, for example, definitely will slow down and straighten out to some degree at some point. This is not something new. We've seen this before. Everything that goes up always goes back down.

Anyone thinking that this is going to stay this way forever is out of their mind. Obviously, we don't know when things will correct or how much they will correct, but they definitely will correct at some point.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
216 Posts
I ran the numbers on Vroom. Paid $48k almost 2 months ago for my 2015, this is what they offered
View attachment 572665
When you factor in tax, license, and registration, I lose $1100.
And then I'll have to overpay for another HC in a super inflated market. :unsure:
I'm sitting tight. :)
Vroom rep contacted me yesterday and asked if I was going to take the offer. I repeated what I posted, that I would lose $1100. Vroom rep paused and said, "What would you say if I added another $1000 to the offer?"

I replied, "Sounds like I'm still down $100 from breaking even, and I would have to be up at least $4000 to even consider the offer"

Happily I'm still with my HC today. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's nuts they just offered me $40,000 for a 2019 Challenger hellcat wide body with 3800 miles. Granted it is the poverty package but still. I wanted a straight muscle car without all the bells and whistles. Cloth seats and rear seat delete

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Vroom offered me $60k for my 2018 Charger Hellcat w/22k miles. Sold!!
🤣

It's my daily driver & of course the one time I don't have more than one car so that's the catch. What the hell am I going to replace it with?
🙄
Not going to go jump into another expensive car at the top of the market.

I've got some lines out to local dealers to see if anyone has a cheap (sub $200 per mo zero down lease) on some econobox.Drive that around till this dumb market corrects then buy another expensive toy. No sub $700 per mo zero down Charger Redeye leases right now? lol View attachment 572590
Wow, that's a great price. I sold my 2018 with 4000 miles for $64k last August. Made a lot of money on a car I leased. When was the last time that happened? Congratulations.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
41 Posts
Prices are just insane right now. I have been following hellcats in the Northeast on a few different apps and have seen dealers raise prices $1-2K on cars they already have sitting on the lot for sale this week alone.

Granted I am in the used car business so I understand everything has jumped way up in value & asking price but that doesn't make these prices seem any less insane to me. I am looking for a hellcat for my self but trying to be patient because these prices are crazy and this bubble cant last for ever..

Not just the automotive industry. either, I'm into snowmobiling, demand for new sleds has drastically increased and the used market is now also very high. Also into Harley's and just browsing shows me demand+ values have also gone up there. Parents are into RVing and the RV dealers tell them they are selling every unit they can get in. Anything that allows people to get out and the government cant shut down has seen crazy demand spikes in the last year sense this lovely virus started.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Koons is buying these up, and a salesman told my brother yesterday they do not haggle price. Either pay it or do not buy it.
My car is worth $9k more than I paid for it 3 years ago. Lol.
If people would take a break from buying, the market would settle. As long as demand is up, welcome to the new world order.
LOLz not to mention the possible upgraded level of inflation on the dollar.
Sell your car for silver. :D

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
Let me know how it goes. I dont like their system. I find it really hard to believe they wanna give me $50k for a car thats worth $43 on KBB, sight unseen.

If you follow their process, it seems like at one point they hold all the cards... v

-you submit appraisal, they appraise
-they send an offer based on what you typed into the computer, and judged your own car condition wise
-that offer is based on just what you typed, not what they will be able to see once they have it
-you sign a ton of papers, and they send a fedex envelope for your title, and tell you how to sign the title (leave mileage blank)
-they schedule pickup, at which point your car gets picked up and you receive a BOL (bill of landing)
-you email the BOL to them and then they cut you the check, for the whole amount if you owe nothing, or the difference in equity, the remainder of balance goes to lien holder
-you wait 2-3 days for your money

now, because this is a pricey car and I am worried I can't find reviews/data showing how the process went without assuming its a payed reviewee, I see the issues between my bold, and italic lines.

what's stopping them from taking your car, putting it on a lift and seeing if its a bit worse off than you rated it, THEY HAVE YOUR CAR and now they can easily say "we dont think its worth 50k in this condition, your car is actually average condition not above average as stated, our new offer is $47,000", you would either need to take the hit and cash out, or get your car back in god knows how long, after who knows how many joy rides...

nothing I see in their paperwork has a finite price in it, and I dont feel right giving my car to someone without a check being handed right back. I find it hard to believe that every other car service appraisal, and dealership based appraisal was around ~$41,500-~$44,000 for my car, and this was just in January. How is it the market has added $6k to my cars value, again, SITE UNSEEN. The other internet people that appraised it wanted a ton of pictures and details about wear/tear items like brakes and tires. This service just has 3 drop downs asked what your cars condition is..
I know it seems weird, but my buddy sold his WB Challenger Scat Pack to them last November and the process was smooth. That's the only reason why I'm doing it/using them...since I know it worked out for him.

His was a lease too, so I don't have the title (the leasing bank does). They pulled the pay off already and then cut a check to the bank for that amount and then a check to me for the surplus amount the next day or two after they pick it up.
My car doesn't have any issues, so I don't foresee the condition being an issue....but I could see what you mean. I'm not sure how they deal with those issues or if they can change their offer later on.

But when they picked up my buddy's car, he said the guy maybe spent 10 seconds looking at the car (quick walk around) and then loaded it on the truck and handed him the receipt for pickup and that was it.
It doesn't seem like they care, lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
Vroom rep contacted me yesterday and asked if I was going to take the offer. I repeated what I posted, that I would lose $1100. Vroom rep paused and said, "What would you say if I added another $1000 to the offer?"

I replied, "Sounds like I'm still down $100 from breaking even, and I would have to be up at least $4000 to even consider the offer"

Happily I'm still with my HC today. :)
Man....maybe I should've held out :confused:
I saw their number and was just so quick to jump on it, because it's stupid crazy high. I might call tomorrow and say I'm reconsidering to see if I can squeeze a few more bucks out of them though for shits & giggles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
685 Posts
Just got my offer. Took them about 3 days. $69042.
It’s a good offer but by the time you factor in the tax “advantage” to trading in dealers offer of $66000 is better.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger HC A8
65 Posts
Vroom wont even give me a quote for my hellcat. No email or anything from them.
For giggles I did a quote request after reading this thread, they sed they needed more research, They literally sent their quote at the same time I liked your post .. LOL

$66,142 for my base cat with 52xx miles and granite wheel, Uconnect/NAV and HID options,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
108 Posts
They offered me $41K for my 2015 SRT 392 with 9800 miles. I'm using that offer to negotiate trade in with the dealer I'm ordering my new Challenger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
216 Posts
It took a couple of days but vroom offered me $54,000 for my 2017 Challenger hellcat with 5500 miles. Two years ago a local dealer offered $46,000 trade in.

Crazy time.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts