SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
469 Posts
Wanted a HC since they came out, but was not in the right financial position.

Spring 2020: Played the market panic. Looking at used HC’s. Challengers in the low-mid $40’s, Chargers in the low-mid $50’s. Thinking I can do low $40’s…

Summer 2020: I can do this! But no more low $40’s!!! New stripped was $56, I’ll do that! Contacted no less than 7 dealers in the area, all were jerks, mark-ups, didn’t call back, etc… Next thing I know, no more orders for M6, A8 only…

Late Summer 2020: New Plan: Order a 21 M6 in Jan 21. (Ya, we all know now.)

9/1/20: Found on Dodge.com a 20 M6 150mi away, it was not on any other site. Not my favorite color, more options than preferred, but most I’m happy to have. Paid MSRP – Power Dollars, no doc fee, no reg, no nothing. When I arrived they had interstate temp plates on ready to go.

Wasn’t sure then I was making the right choice, but looking at the insanity now, I’m extremely lucky. No sales tax here, probably could flip it for a profit, but that’s not happening!

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Glad I couldn't find the cheap lease I wanted on some shit box & I'm keeping the Hellcat after reading Vroom horror stories & their process for buying your car.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Wanted a HC since they came out, but was not in the right financial position.

Spring 2020: Played the market panic. Looking at used HC’s. Challengers in the low-mid $40’s, Chargers in the low-mid $50’s. Thinking I can do low $40’s…

Summer 2020: I can do this! But no more low $40’s!!! New stripped was $56, I’ll do that! Contacted no less than 7 dealers in the area, all were jerks, mark-ups, didn’t call back, etc… Next thing I know, no more orders for M6, A8 only…

Late Summer 2020: New Plan: Order a 21 M6 in Jan 21. (Ya, we all know now.)

9/1/20: Found on Dodge.com a 20 M6 150mi away, it was not on any other site. Not my favorite color, more options than preferred, but most I’m happy to have. Paid MSRP – Power Dollars, no doc fee, no reg, no nothing. When I arrived they had interstate temp plates on ready to go.

Wasn’t sure then I was making the right choice, but looking at the insanity now, I’m extremely lucky. No sales tax here, probably could flip it for a profit, but that’s not happening!
THe market will correct at some point, but my lease is up in a few weeks & I am keeping the car (Was keeping it before all this market insanity anyway) and very happy with the $44k buy price LOL

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
Man....maybe I should've held out :confused:
I saw their number and was just so quick to jump on it, because it's stupid crazy high. I might call tomorrow and say I'm reconsidering to see if I can squeeze a few more bucks out of them though for shits & giggles.
I called and they said their offer was maxxed out already and I was in contract anyways.
I mean their number is already stupid high, so I'm not complaining

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love my M6 Hellcat too much to sell it. If I did, it would be for a used Bentley Continental GT.
With that being said, while watching the show Auto Mondial, they said that the SRT team is going to be absorbed into Fiat Chrysler's Global Design Team.
Dodge is also going to do a redesign on the Challenger soon, and there is talk that the V8 is going to go away replaced with a Twin Turbo V6.
If those two things happen, the V8 monsters we have now might be the last of their kind, and the values will only keep increasing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
685 Posts
Got an email this morning. They upped the offer $500 to $69742.

I paid $78k and change plus TTL. MSRP was $85k. A terrible price knowing what we know now but considering I ordered the day RE's were first available to order I'm still satisfied with the deal.

So I think Vroom's offer is more than fair but I'd never take it because of the tax being so high here in TN.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
216 Posts
Vroom is upping their game. Apparently playing hard to sell triggers better offers.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
I'm keeping the Hellcat after reading Vroom horror stories & their process for buying your car.
What are the horror stories btw?

My car is a lease.
I filled out the form on Monday online & they sent their offer. I accepted & then e-signed some documents online later on in the day.
Tuesday I received a FedEx packet with a "power of attorney" to sign & send back.
I mailed that back Wednesday and they received it Thursday.
Friday afternoon I received an email saying that a carrier was assigned to pick up the car and that they'll be contacting me in 2-3 days to arrange that. (or I can call them if I want)

It's been pretty smooth, IMO

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
118 Posts
What are the horror stories btw?

My car is a lease.
I filled out the form on Monday online & they sent their offer. I accepted & then e-signed some documents online later on in the day.
Tuesday I received a FedEx packet with a "power of attorney" to sign & send back.
I mailed that back Wednesday and they received it Thursday.
Friday afternoon I received an email saying that a carrier was assigned to pick up the car and that they'll be contacting me in 2-3 days to arrange that. (or I can call them if I want)

It's been pretty smooth, IMO
Glad its working out for you. Keep us updated on how the rest of the process goes for you if you don’t mind. I have a Gladiator and a Kia I may sell to them.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
I ordered a Redeye from Jake at Cummins and the plan is to trade my Scat when the RE arrives. Just out of curiosity, I went to Vroom to see what they would offer and they came back with $34,679. This is for a 2016 ScatPack that is no frills, cloth seats, no sunroof, etc with a hair under 60k miles. I only paid $32k and change for the car about 2 years ago, so there's that. After doing the math and figuring out taxes on the trade and whatnot it may actually be worth it for me.

I got another email from Vroom today and now they're offering $35,179. :ROFLMAO:

I'm working in KSA right now and with the whole covid debacle/travel restrictions, I may not be able to take delivery of my RE in person when it arrives sometime around late August. That means I would not only have to ship my SP to Kentucky, but would also need to ship the new car down to Florida. If Vroom turns out to be legit, I may sell the car to them just to get rid of the hassle of shipping the car to trade. I'm curious to see if they raise the offer any more as time passes.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
697 Posts
FYI, in February, their offers were good for a week! Their first one was then highest, then it dropped a few thow, then back up the 3rd time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,888 Posts
I got one today. Submitted some time last week.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
Glad its working out for you. Keep us updated on how the rest of the process goes for you if you don’t mind. I have a Gladiator and a Kia I may sell to them.
The carrier called me today (they were closed Saturday & Sunday) to arrange pickup, but I'm getting cold feet and think I might just keep the car now after all -- you can back out at any time until they pick it up, btw. And if they do pick it up....you can still get the car back, but you'd have to pay for those transport/shipping costs.

I really do love it and don't think I'll find a better replacement....so yeah, I might not be getting rid of it 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,888 Posts
In my case it's now been eight days of waiting for the vehicles to get picked up. Starting to regret letting go of the 1500.
But since I already bought a car as a replacement, and have a 1500 on order, might as well go through with it.

I suspect that GMTV is too set on having both transported at once, instead of looking at it as two separate transports, thereby limiting the number of bidders..

·
Registered
In The Market
65 Posts
Vroom offered $72K for my 19 Redeye with 3400 miles on it.
Waiting for the paper trail to be finished and then the carrier will show up and take it away.
Did the same thing about 2 weeks ago with my 19 Golf R.
No issues dealing with Vroom and the check was good.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
60 Posts
2018 Dodge Charger SRT all options but sunroof I believe.

Lease:
New: 57,300
Purchase: 53,280
residual: 35,544

Vroom: 46,483

I am sorry but I will pocket that money and remember all the smiles per hour it reimburses me for when it is gone. Someone will get a cherry car and I really cannot pass at those numbers as it is beyond what I ever expected. I was offered 30,000 about a year ago, 39,000 from Carvana a month ago, 41,500 from a dealer 3 weeks ago. I just figured I would share so people have some idea.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts