SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Vroom offered $60k for my Hellcat

26K views 202 replies 66 participants last post by  qwk93ta 
#1 ·
Vroom offered me $60k for my 2018 Charger Hellcat w/22k miles. Sold!!
🤣

It's my daily driver & of course the one time I don't have more than one car so that's the catch. What the hell am I going to replace it with?
🙄
Not going to go jump into another expensive car at the top of the market.

I've got some lines out to local dealers to see if anyone has a cheap (sub $200 per mo zero down lease) on some econobox.Drive that around till this dumb market corrects then buy another expensive toy. No sub $700 per mo zero down Charger Redeye leases right now? lol

See less See more
#156 ·
Having just ordered my Challenger rewb in March, expecting (hoping) delivery end of this month, I'm not in the same boat as many of you. BUT if I had a 2+ year old cat that I could sell/trade for more than I paid I would have already put my order in for a new one. I see no issue with doing so 👍

#157 ·
Found a 69 Vette 427/390, 80k mi for $35k, about 100mi from me. Looks beautiful! Thought about taking the Varoom offer and getting the classic. But… I can use the HC as a DD, grocery store, take the wife AND dog, fill the trunk full of guns and ammo. Couldn’t do it. Not even for a 427 Vette… :( Never thought I would get to this point…

Besides, 390hp!?!?

#158 ·
Hey, after many years of having a perfectly clean driving record, with the 'Cat and Trackhawk, I sell the 'Hawk and buy a Golf to drive. Less than 25% of the power...and I get a speeding ticket.
Go figure.

#160 ·
Yep. But I was cresting a hill, and they used laser.
It was a full-on blitz, apparently due to a grant they'd got. Oh well.

#179 ·
In stark, as in VERY stark contrast, check THIS out.

Take not of these parts, especially:

So, if you buy a Hellcat, drive it for two years, then sell it for more than you paid, and a Tesla gets only 1/3 of what they paid, doesn't that mean that the 55,000 dollars difference they paid for their "experience" was not such a clever bargain of environmentally-friendly cleverness that they thought it was?

55 grand can buy a LOT of gasoline.

#162 ·
I hope this happened in one of those states that forgives one violation if you go to class. I got one in a far off state and flew back to take the class, I had a customer there and was able to charge him for the trip!

My wife got one in ME and I forced her to take the class. One of the subjects in the class was “What to do if you hit a moose!” No shite. Answer: “Duck”. Because the roof is coming down on your head!

#163 ·
Good point. I'll look into the possibility of traffic school.
It was in far northern Colorado, but if all counties are the same it's only a 70-mile drive for me to get into CO. Worst case, it's about 300 miles.

Thankfully the cop was very nice and took 20 mph off, or I would've got 6 points instead of one. And he laughed when I explained that had I been in the 'Hawk we wouldn't be having this discussion. I would've made it past the last two cars on the uphill long before almost running out of passing lane and hitting the crest.

#165 ·
Yep. And that's where I was still pedaling as hard as I could.

Reactions: 2ndAmend
#168 ·
Figures. Now that I'm done selling. Oh well.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
#172 ·
Just for kicks, checked what happened to my 'Hawk that Givemethevin gave me $79K for.
It's now for sale in Oklahoma...for a mere $97,5K.

#178 ·
I got GMTV to meet Carvana's and Vroom's offers, respectively. Prior to that GMTV upped the price on one car when I whined a bit.
Can't hurt to try.

#180 · (Edited)
Gotta wonder if the Tesla is like a driver/drill. When the batteries wear out, you throw the drill away because a new drill + 2 batteries is cheaper than 2 batteries.

Also, who pays for the hazardous disposal of the old Tesla with a burned out battery? The poor sap that got a “great deal” on the used one? Maybe in the near future we’ll be overrun with abandoned Teslas with VIN’s removed…

(Edit: Changed s/n to VIN.)

#181 ·
Gotta wonder if the Tesla is like a driver/drill. When the batteries wear out, you throw the drill away because a new drill + 2 batteries is cheaper than 2 batteries.

Also, who pays for the hazardous disposal of the old Tesla with a burned out battery? The poor sap that got a “great deal” on the used one? Maybe in the near future we’ll be overrun with abandoned Teslas with s/n’s removed…
Yes. Have done this with many a drill. By the time it dies, the newer 3000V drill kits are out and cheaper than the 20V batteries they would be replacing.

I myself have wondered about the battery disposal/recycling. Don't even get me started about how Fire Departments aren't equipped to deal with fires started from 7000 button batteries. You can't just spray water on them and watch them go out. In Case of Electric-Car Fire, Half of Fire Departments Are Unprepared

#184 ·
You can always call them and ask them to escalate to the team that handles pricing. I did that and went from 64120 to 65000 since I told them only way I would sell is for 65. It took a few hours but I did get the offer and sold. Got my check one day after they picked up my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#187 ·
I guess that makes me feel better about not selling lol. Although, if I had another car, I'd likely sell this thing for $60k without question. That's what held me back. Of course, this happens the one time in my life that I only own 1 car LOL. I'd end up spending all the $ I made selling the HC to get into something else so it'd be a wash. Since I love the HC, it makes no sense for me without another car. Sucks b/c I wanted that profit!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.