SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My 2018 WB HC m6 is soon to be out of warranty, and would like to do some Drivetrain mods to it. I don't drag race, but lots of "spirited" street driving.

I want to kee[ it simple with a Tune, Injectors, Pulley. What else am I missing? Is the m6 Driveshaft going to be an issue if I DONT RUN drag slicks? same with clutch?

Thanks fore the advice,

Brandon

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,415 Posts
Hey everyone,

My 2018 WB HC m6 is soon to be out of warranty, and would like to do some Drivetrain mods to it. I don't drag race, but lots of "spirited" street driving.

I want to kee[ it simple with a Tune, Injectors, Pulley. What else am I missing? Is the m6 Driveshaft going to be an issue if I DONT RUN drag slicks? same with clutch?

Thanks fore the advice,

Brandon
I have M6 car as well. 2.85 pulley, intake and tune on 94 will net you around 830rwhp. Clutch has been fine same with the drive shaft. I don't drag race my car though.

R.K.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have M6 car as well. 2.85 pulley, intake and tune on 94 will net you around 830rwhp. Clutch has been fine same with the drive shaft. I don't drag race my car though.

R.K.
Hey dude, did you have a local tune done or mail order?

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger Hellcat
39 Posts
#1 first mod on these cars should be, is and probably always will be tires. (if you havent already done that)

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
11 inch wide rear wheels with 21-25mm of offset, and some 315 nitto or 305 other-brand tires will be life-changing, in the traction department. Don't even need to wait for warranty.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,988 Posts
05038703AG

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,988 Posts
Correct, no tuning or speedo calibration needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do you ahve a part number for the 3.90 gear set? I think factory is 3.70 right?
yes orig equip is the 3:70--Dodge carries a 3:90 pumpkin--easy install. makes the perfect gearing!! I put mine in at 15,000 and drove till 51,000 miles with zero issues. Also saves clutches!! I still had the original clutch when I traded in for a Redeye!I do not have the part number on hand--but Dodge lists it.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
489 Posts
3.70 vs 3.90 is only about a 5% difference, is it really that noticable?

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
489 Posts
Thanks guys. I just ordered it, has a new part #68427798aa it was superseeded

Gonna pop it in, see how I like it and go from there with any future mods
Please give us an update after it is installed. I started a thread asking opinions about this changeover from people who have actually done it. 4 responses from actual 3.90 users, one was "probably not worth it", the others seemed to like it but not much enthusiasm. Seems like a relatively cheap and easy upgrade. Let us know what you think. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
489 Posts
Thanks guys. I just ordered it, has a new part #68427798aa it was superseeded

Gonna pop it in, see how I like it and go from there with any future mods
So how is the 3.90 working out?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts