SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,709 Posts
Interesting....
Those darn kids left the hose on again.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,747 Posts
Usually that's just condensation getting out through the exhaust. Is it coolant? Or actually clear water? (Condensation)

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,709 Posts
Well, car doesn't have water lol.
Coolant, washer solvent, oil, trans fluid.....

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,640 Posts
Hi @Jayr1234
This morning I made this thread a sticky, at the top of the General maintenance forum section and I hope it will help you.

When I first owned my Hellcat I had the same thing happen.
What @Slowpoke387 posted is what happened, it was just condensation.
I thought I had some type oil leak.
It was smutty looking, but when I touching it was watery and nothing to worry about.
Could that be what is going on?

Or is there a color ?

Linda :)

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,277 Posts
Hi @Jayr1234
This morning I made this thread a sticky, at the top of the General maintenance forum section and I hope it will help you.

When I first owned my Hellcat I had the same thing happen.
What @Slowpoke387 posted is what happened, it was just condensation.
I thought I had some type oil leak.
It was smutty looking, but when I touching it was watery and nothing to worry about.
Could that be what is going on?

Or is there a color ?

Linda :)
Thanks @Linda's Hell Cat, some of these I hadn't heard of. Nice to have them in one place.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,747 Posts
Well, car doesn't have water lol.
Coolant, washer solvent, oil, trans fluid.....
Car does have condensation which is water. Extremely common for water to be dripped onto the ground in that area.

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,709 Posts
Lol
Every cat has produced black carbon water from the seep holes in the mid mufflers. 1,000 write ups on here or if you google it. Not from the headers or down pipes.
He said water is leaking onto the exhaust, down from the wipers....
I was taking this as click bait because he said water. Not coolant that smells sweet when burned, didn't say it happens only after he uses his washer nozzles or after the car was out in the rain, didn't include it was 99 degrees where he lived with 100% humidity and the evap is draining condensation.
So that is why I have to laugh. We get so many click bait posts that bring responses from mild to wild, blown head gasket to leaky washer nozzle, and the OP never responds again.
Details are lacking in the original post.
Could say it produces condensation from the exhaust and ac....
Someone will get the bad convertible top bearing figuered out for this guy. 👍🏻

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.