SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving yesterday and noticed a small cluster of police icons on my Waze screen. Slowed 75 to 67 (65 zone) as I neared the area, but I saw no police cars. Was starting to press the pedal and re-up the pace when BLATTT! my V1 screamed at me. It was either Laser or instant-on, but across two lanes in the median was a trooper looking at me and holding a speed gun. He watched me (Sublime in a sea of silver & grey) as I went by. If he'd got me it would have been speeding plus failure to display front plate. Just upped my trust in both crowd-source info and ELINT detection.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
whats this waze thing? a phone app? man i bet a v1 would have spotted the Bear who boned me for 62 in a 55

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
189 Posts
Its essentially a crowd sharing app (On App Store on phones) that allows people who are driving to report to others around them what they saw and what is going on... fantastic app. If everyone used it, it would make speed traps a thing of the past.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
182 Posts
V1 is solid. I've had mine for years and has paid itself many times over but with laser you are toast once the alert goes off no matter how good the detector. I tried Waze for nav a while back and hated it but will have to revisit with this purpose instead. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,555 Posts
whats this waze thing? a phone app? man i bet a v1 would have spotted the Bear who boned me for 62 in a 55
Who did you offend in PA to get a citation for plus 7? School bus, alcohol, ? Makes no sense. +6 is the minimum for a citation....

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
15 Posts
I love WAZE. Not only does it show you cars broke down on the side of the road and Speed traps, but it will show you obstacles in the road so you don't tear up your car by running it over.

Just drove from Tn to FL, and it saved me 2-3 times.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,007 Posts
I may download Waze and try it again. Can it be used w/o making an account?
Also what's the point of Leo's making fake locations?
V1 is only sold online or can it picked up at like a Best Buy?
Also agree 62 in a 55... I could see maybe 10 over. Most people do 10% anyway.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
505 Posts
I have Waze but don't use it as much as I could. As an ER physician, I see too many injuries/accidents from people looking down at their phones. I haven't figured out how to put in speed trap/accident data without having to look down and use my phone which I just don't want to do. It's a great idea, but another reason to stop paying attention to the road.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
182 Posts
I have Waze but don't use it as much as I could. As an ER physician, I see too many injuries/accidents from people looking down at their phones. I haven't figured out how to put in speed trap/accident data without having to look down and use my phone which I just don't want to do. It's a great idea, but another reason to stop paying attention to the road.
Agreed on posting the data. If you are just using it for alerts though, you can just leave your phone locked and it will alert based on when you are close to the incident.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,555 Posts
The only reason to post is to earn wazer points. The unit itself detects motion and asks if you are the passenger, so you have to really want to screw up. everything else is voice announcements...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,555 Posts
I may download Waze and try it again. Can it be used w/o making an account?
Also what's the point of Leo's making fake locations?
V1 is only sold online or can it picked up at like a Best Buy?
Also agree 62 in a 55... I could see maybe 10 over. Most people do 10% anyway.
There is a record of all locations posted, and they go back to the user's account. Police are usually too busy to spend the time inputting false reports. what is to keep someone in a prius who hates speeders from doing the same thing ? Drive your Hellcat as you wish and pay the consequences.....The Valentine won't be perfect either. Go with the flow of traffic, and air it out where you know you can. easy peasy....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only reason to post is to earn wazer points. The unit itself detects motion and asks if you are the passenger, so you have to really want to screw up. everything else is voice announcements...
Not quite. I could care less about points and have zero idea how many I have. I use it to see traffic volume, hazards, and police locations. And I post when I see a hazard. Mine is mounted in a phone holder bracket that clips to an AC vent. Peripheral vision practically finds the post button and 80% are vehicles stopped on shoulder or similar hazard. Three taps in nearly the same place and its done. Would be cool if they had (maybe they do) voice controls to do that.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Got my V1 today and the bluetooth V1 LE piece to connect it to my iPhone. I'll have to get waze for the double threat. I know I saw a post on here on how to find 12v switched power in the rear view mirror wiring, I need to find that post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.