SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2832 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,872 Posts
Welcome to HC.org from Beautiful Buck County Pa!

Are you going to mod for some Street Speed or or you going to the Track?

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!:cool:

Linda :)

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here. I've owned a 2011 392 challenger for a few of years and recently was lucky enough to add a 2017 Hellcat alongside it. My passion for Mopar comes from the history of the Daytona 500 racing events and how dominant Dodge was back in those days. I've loved the Challenger since 2006 when I used to play Need for Speed and it was only a concept car at the time. Thanks to this forum and the success of the brand, I am (reluctantly) going to irresponsibly spend more money on modifications due to the juvenile urge that I have to make loud noises and go fast.

View attachment 546289 View attachment 546288

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,523 Posts
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here. I've owned a 2011 392 challenger for a few of years and recently was lucky enough to add a 2017 Hellcat alongside it. My passion for Mopar comes from the history of the Daytona 500 racing events and how dominant Dodge was back in those days. I've loved the Challenger since 2006 when I used to play Need for Speed and it was only a concept car at the time. Thanks to this forum and the success of the brand, I am (reluctantly) going to irresponsibly spend more money on modifications due to the juvenile urge that I have to make loud noises and go fast.

View attachment 546289 View attachment 546288
Beautiful cat! Joined 3 years ago... your not kidding about the lurking part. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
4 Posts
Welcome to HC.org from Beautiful Buck County Pa!

Are you going to mod for some Street Speed or or you going to the Track?

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!:cool:

Little bit of drag and a little bit of road course. Going to show those Ford and GM fans what a properly modified boat is capable of in the deep sea :ROFLMAO:.

Looking to do all of my work through HHP through your high praise and their reputation/customer service. Can't wait to hear how their 440 stroker and mean camshaft from HHP/BES sounds and performs on my 392.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi everyone! Just picked up a 2015 HC and immediately joined the Forum. Glad to see so many enthusiasts!
l live in the South Puget Sound area of Washington State.
Thanks in advance for all your insight! ?

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,872 Posts
Little bit of drag and a little bit of road course. Going to show those Ford and GM fans what a properly modified boat is capable of in the deep sea :ROFLMAO:.

Looking to do all of my work through HHP through your high praise and their reputation/customer service. Can't wait to hear how their 440 stroker and mean camshaft from HHP/BES sounds and performs on my 392.
Nice! :)
Check this out, HHP is having a contest!
Would be cool to win!!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,872 Posts
Hi everyone! Just picked up a 2015 HC and immediately joined the Forum. Glad to see so many enthusiasts!
l live in the South Puget Sound area of Washington State.
Thanks in advance for all your insight! ?
Welcome to the Forum!
Are you planning on taking advantage of the Black Friday/ Holiday sales?

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

Linda

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
Are you planning on taking advantage of the Black Friday/ Holiday sales?

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

Linda
Sounds good. What and where are they?

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,872 Posts
A lot are being posted now on the forum.
Are you looking for anything particular?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So much cool stuff!
Intake first, then some halos.
Speaking of halos, how do we shut the stock ones off? LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’m brand new to the world of Mopar ownership. I just bought a used 16 Challenger Hellcat with 584 miles. It’s Plum Crazy Purple with the satin black hood. I absolutely love this car. I haven’t gotten to drive it very much yet, but the little I have has been great. The smile on my face lasts for hours after I get out. I’m thinking about changing the exhaust, but I’m not sure what to get. I’m looking for that deep throaty rumble that lets people know this car means business. The whole active valves thing is a little confusing to me as I’ve never dealt with it before now. So, be prepared for questions. I’m a little nervous, as I don’t want an annoying light on the dash, so begins the research phase. Thanks in advance for helping the new guy out.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,523 Posts
I’m brand new to the world of Mopar ownership. I just bought a used 16 Challenger Hellcat with 584 miles. It’s Plum Crazy Purple with the satin black hood. I absolutely love this car. I haven’t gotten to drive it very much yet, but the little I have has been great. The smile on my face lasts for hours after I get out. I’m thinking about changing the exhaust, but I’m not sure what to get. I’m looking for that deep throaty rumble that lets people know this car means business. The whole active valves thing is a little confusing to me as I’ve never dealt with it before now. So, be prepared for questions. I’m a little nervous, as I don’t want an annoying light on the dash, so begins the research phase. Thanks in advance for helping the new guy out.
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hellcat.org is a friendly community dedicated to the Dodge Challenger & Charger Hellcat.

Our goal is to be the #1 Hellcat community on the web for owners and enthusiasts!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current and future vehicles.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)
Hi. I am here because I bought a new Hellcat Redeye Widebody a few weeks ago and was wondering how exactly to check my oil, as far as cold engine versus warm engine, and when: hours later, 5 minutes after shutdown, etc? I typed that question in and was directed here.

I've always been a car guy. I love cars, trucks, and everything fast. I have had mostly sports cars and one muscle car since I was young. I did Autocross/Solo in college, HPDEs in my 30s and 40s, and SCCA racing in my 50s. I'm now in my 60s and moved to a little town that has a gigantic Dodge dealership. I saw a beautiful, white Hellcat Redeye Widebody and took the plunge. I love the car and think that it will be my ultimate favorite.

IMHO, it's not a roadcourse car, but it's a great street car. Even before I went 500 miles and switched to the red key, I loved the car: exceptional brakes, great real world cornering, and totally configurable. Then, the switch to the red key and the awesome acceleration provided much more driving bliss. I'm very happy with my purchase and happy to be a member of this Forum.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,872 Posts
@Bradsredeye Welcome to the Forum.
I think @DGatzby would tell you some great info on road racing his Redeye ;)

Me I'd I had a Redeye I'd be flying down the dragstrip with it LOL.

This is a huge thread with lots of info and the guys can answer lots of your questions.

Congrats and enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,092 Posts
Hi. I am here because I bought a new Hellcat Redeye Widebody a few weeks ago and was wondering how exactly to check my oil, as far as cold engine versus warm engine, and when: hours later, 5 minutes after shutdown, etc? I typed that question in and was directed here.

I've always been a car guy. I love cars, trucks, and everything fast. I have had mostly sports cars and one muscle car since I was young. I did Autocross/Solo in college, HPDEs in my 30s and 40s, and SCCA racing in my 50s. I'm now in my 60s and moved to a little town that has a gigantic Dodge dealership. I saw a beautiful, white Hellcat Redeye Widebody and took the plunge. I love the car and think that it will be my ultimate favorite.

IMHO, it's not a roadcourse car, but it's a great street car. Even before I went 500 miles and switched to the red key, I loved the car: exceptional brakes, great real world cornering, and totally configurable. Then, the switch to the red key and the awesome acceleration provided much more driving bliss. I'm very happy with my purchase and happy to be a member of this Forum.
Welcome @Bradsredeye and thanks @Linda's Hell Cat. Brad, with some minor changes and your skills, you could be into a pleasant surprise doing some HPDE lapping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi DGatzby. I was very pleased with the cornering, steering, and braking of my new Hellcat Redeye from the first minute driving it. But I doubt that I'll ever take my car onto the track. As you know, track driving and racing are so hard on a vehicle that I don't want to put my new baby through that hardship. Plus, with all that weight up front, the Redeye would have to understeer. And that big, awesome supercharger would get pretty hot after a few laps.

My car will see street use only. My SCCA days are over, unless I win the Lottery. And I doubt I'll win the Lottery because I don't play it. My last year in SCCA (2013) was in STO class where the cars are very fast and very expensive. It became un-fun when you're always worrying about something breaking or cracking the car up. I was a PCA-MSR instructor also and I've seen plenty of wreaks in HPDEs too, so be careful. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Somewhat new to the site, I joined a month or so ago but this is only my 3rd post. Figured I better post up in the newbie section.
Here is my new to me 2016 SRT 392. It's a great car and I've enjoyed it so far.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,539 Posts
Somewhat new to the site, I joined a month or so ago but this is only my 3rd post. Figured I better post up in the newbie section.
Here is my new to me 2016 SRT 392. It's a great car and I've enjoyed it so far.
View attachment 548019
Twins!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2781 - 2800 of 2832 Posts