SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2801 - 2816 of 2816 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,035 Posts
Hi DGatzby. I was very pleased with the cornering, steering, and braking of my new Hellcat Redeye from the first minute driving it. But I doubt that I'll ever take my car onto the track. As you know, track driving and racing are so hard on a vehicle that I don't want to put my new baby through that hardship. Plus, with all that weight up front, the Redeye would have to understeer. And that big, awesome supercharger would get pretty hot after a few laps.

My car will see street use only. My SCCA days are over, unless I win the Lottery. And I doubt I'll win the Lottery because I don't play it. My last year in SCCA (2013) was in STO class where the cars are very fast and very expensive. It became un-fun when you're always worrying about something breaking or cracking the car up. I was a PCA-MSR instructor also and I've seen plenty of wreaks in HPDEs too, so be careful. Thanks for the response.
Good luck with it, have fun. Actually the engine etc really likes the track use, they are basically built to take it and like it. With the chiller circuit and the post race cooler the Redeye's engine is a very happy track camper. Thanks for the heads up for HDPE, I am also certified SCCA driver and I know what you mean by the costs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everybody! South Carolina here
My name is Rich and I just received my 1st Hellcat after wanting one for so very long. Her name is Anastasia she is a pitch black 2020 wide body Charger Daytona. I have always had fast cars and was raised around them. My uncle has several of the original 426 Hemi cars ( 67 Plymouth GTX, 70 Challenger R/T and one I can’t remember the other one and my brother has a few different 68 R/T 383 and 72 Charger 340 magnum 4-spd. All very fast cars!
This drove me to wanting a fast car growing up so here is what I’ve had. Pontiac - 78 trans am 455, 67 GTO 400,70 GTO 69 Firebird 455, 69 SS Camaro 396. None of my older cars were as fast as my later model cars 96 Cobra, 06 GTO, 07 SRT8. With exception of the 78 trans am and the 69 Bird because they were both seriously built for drag racing.
I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS HELLCAT!
I’m in love!!!!!
Sorry for the long details I just wanted to describe my LOVE for the HC.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,726 Posts
Welcome Rich to Hellcat.org!

Do you still Drag race?

Congrats on your Beautiful HCWB Daytona Charger !!!:cool:
And Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!

Linda :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome and congrats ... throw up
Some pics , I did not see any unless I am still
Waking up lol...
Some great cars you rattled off there !

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to Dodge in general. Bought a used 2018 Charger Hellcat with 33K miles. Looking to makes a few improvements and mods, slowly though. Other car is a leased Toyota RAV4, that once that’s done, the Hellcat will be a daily driver for a bit. Not much for drag strips, but once mods are complete I would like to dump and see what it’s got. Look forward to seeing what others have done and learned as this is my first true muscle car. Steep learning curve for me, but will enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to Dodge in general. Bought a used 2018 Charger Hellcat with 33K miles. Looking to makes a few improvements and mods, slowly though. Other car is a leased Toyota RAV4, that once that’s done, the Hellcat will be a daily driver for a bit. Not much for drag strips, but once mods are complete I would like to dump and see what it’s got. Look forward to seeing what others have done and learned as this is my first true muscle car. Steep learning curve for me, but will enjoy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello. New member from North Carolina. Traded in my 2011 Toxic Orange 392 for a 2019 Octane Red Redeye Widebody on 19 November. FYI, posted in another thread on this forum that Dodge is offering the Bondurant HPDE again for SRT owners. Cheers.

79038959_2827106257341590_333643771201716224_o.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone. Residing in Omaha, Nebraska. Bought a brand new 2019 Steel Metallic Charger Hellcat in November 2019. Absolutely love the car. I almost bought a brand new 2019 Corvette Grand Sport. I’m glad I waited. Because I got an awesome deal on the Hellcat.
64045486-995F-4076-A9BB-B160F017A5BC.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. new member from southern Wisconsin. Took delivery of a new 19 redeye widebody on 1/2/20. Garaged now but looking foreword to the driving and discussions. Other rides include a 72 572 hemi roadrunner and a 72 boss mach 1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hellcat.org is a friendly community dedicated to the Dodge Challenger & Charger Hellcat.

Our goal is to be the #1 Hellcat community on the web for owners and enthusiasts!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current and future vehicles.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)
Hello Fellow Hellcat Fans! I started off as just a regular Challenger fan in Hawaii in 2016 (can't really enjoy anymore more than a 6 cal on those roads anyway ;) and had to get rid of the car due to a new baby. Always wanted another one. When I heard about the Demon I, knew that would be my dream car and decided that I would make that my retirement gift to myself...until I realized how much it would cost to get one! I kinda gave up on the whole idea until a coworker reminded me that tomorrow is never guaranteed and not to wait around too long to start living my dreams (i.e., driving my dream car). So I started looking around and realized I could make a small compromise and go with a Hellcat and upgrade power down the road. So now I love my drive to and from work....even though it is in Washington D.C. traffic :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm in the UK and have a Ram Rebel and love it so much that I'm looking to change my car for a Challenger, just trying to decide on Hellcat or Redeye.

·
Registered
In The Market
18 Posts
  • Hello from Lebanon, PA. Not new to Challengers, but new to this 2016 I just picked up 2 weeks ago w/ 12,500 on it! I love this car and have no plans of letting this go. I loved my Torred Scat and thought 1320 was the way to go. Long story, but now I'm good!!!!
    Challengers.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I finally received my new 2020 Charger Hellcat on Monday! As many of you know, it was extremely difficult to wait the 59 days it took for the car to arrive - not that I was counting. This new car is replacing my 2008 Charger R/T. The previous car has been great but I expect the new one will be much more exciting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
Hi everyone, had my hellcat for around 2 years now and have been lurking and learning so much from everyone on this forum. Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for supplying all the great info/tips/content.

2801 - 2816 of 2816 Posts