SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
2901 - 2920 of 2942 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I've been on the site a couple weeks now, and didn't realize I needed to "check in". I was in the hunt for a Hellcat since 2015, but at that time the financials were not right. In the late summer of 2017, we had turned the corner financially (Dave Ramsey understudy) and I began to search hard, and was determined to land my dream car by the start of 2018.

As I was hunting, I had come close on a few, for what I considered “good deals", only to keep pumping the breaks, as we were headed into the winter months. That's when a local dealership here (Green Bay, WI), had a 2017 Hellcat (white knuckle with factory carbon fiber stripes), that was more than I thought I'd ever get. Here's the catch. The day I finally called on it to work on a better price, the car was en route to the auto auction because the dealership wasn't willing to sit on the vehicle over the winter months. I told the dealership they were asking too much, and that's when the manager informed me it was in transit to the auction. He told me it's still for sale until it hits the auction, so he asked what I'd pay. I threw out a stupid number, that thought would get laughed off. The car was like new, with 2,700 miles, owned by an older gentleman who drove it for 3 months before trading it in for a GT350. Anyways, the sales manager said he needed to crunch some numbers, and the next thing I knew I was giving a deposit on the car. The dealership netted an additional $400 with my offer compared to the auction route. So I guess you could say I overpaid by $399.

After seeing the HC Redeye widebody in 2018, I had to have it. Right around mid November 2020, I was searching yet again. That is when I found this site, followed some threads, and then located what I considered my dream Hellcat, all the way in Oklahoma. It had 15 of the 17 wants, on the Dodge website build page, sitting inside a dealership. No need to build it, and I got the dealership discount and the Power Dollars. Yes, I know, Dave Ramsey says NEVER purchase a new vehicle, but.......... After negotiating for about 2-3 weeks, I landed my current Hellcat, and could not be happier, a 2020 Hellcat Redeye widebody, white knuckle with the satin graphics package, a must in my search, as well as the red seat belts, HK package, and Laguna leather. BTW, am I the only one thinking red seat belts a re a must in a Hellcat?!?

Well, that's my story.
View attachment 566354
Welcome to Hellcat.org.....
Great back story.
I am liking the fact that Dodge came back around full circle and started using the '15 styled rims.
Yes, the red seatbelts are a must have item and match nicely to the red letters on the shifter, as well as the shift pattern on my Barton shifter ball.
Hell I even notice some of my candy wrappers even match my interior.
Good luck with that smokin' hot White Knuckle Redeye, keep the shiny side up.:cool:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Hello, new owner here. As of Friday I bought a 2018 Charger Hellcat with approximately 3k miles. Original owner took exceptional care of the car.
I am not new to Dodge. I bought my wife a new 2020 Durango RT last year and we love it.
I have driven the Chargers in various forms as retired LEO.
I do have the dreaded bubbled touchscreen and passenger door panel issue but i was smart enough to get an extended 6 year bumper to bumper warranty.
I will be testing that out this week. I look forward to reading up and learning.

Matt

View attachment 568054 View attachment 568054
Welcome to the forum. Cool Cat
Is a dreaded bubbled touch screen what I think it is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum, just purchased a 2020 Challenger Hellcat Octane Red. USAF veteran and now AF civil service Egress Technician (Ejection Seats). Also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 6.5 bed. Jumped ship from Chevy after the infamous brake vacuum pump failure almost cost me a truck. The Ram turned me toward Mopar, and who doesn't want a Hellcat. What an experience.

Robert

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat Widebody
9 Posts
Hello from Houston. Just ordered a 2021 Charger Hellcat widebody in Indigo blue. Had a 2019 Cadillac CT6-V, but decided to come back to Dodge. Had a previous RT Challenger, RT Charger, & a SRT8 300C.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
440 is the number of yards in a quarter mile. 1320 is the feet.
Surely Dodge knew this when they marketed the 440. I bet the Others wish they'd'a' thought of it.
Just a side note.

·
Registered
2018 Charger HC (sold) awaiting new Redeye
73 Posts
Hi guys...a newbie here. I just sold my 2018 HC Charger in Indigo Blue....it sold fast. I am in the process of ordering a new redeye and just cannot decide between Hellraisen or Atomic Red for the color. The build your own charger site does not show atomic red in their color selection yet. The Hellraisen seems to look pretty good with the silver stripes and vapor colored granite rims. I wish I could get the atomic red in that site so you can rotate it around. My future plans for mods on the redeye are only an oil catch can, DIRS differential support and possibly MT drag radials after I have the fun of burning up the stock tires.
I also am going to wheel it out as soon as I get it, and try my hand at doing a ceramic coating on my own.

Glenn

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
76 Posts
I've been on the site a couple weeks now, and didn't realize I needed to "check in". I was in the hunt for a Hellcat since 2015, but at that time the financials were not right. In the late summer of 2017, we had turned the corner financially (Dave Ramsey understudy) and I began to search hard, and was determined to land my dream car by the start of 2018.

As I was hunting, I had come close on a few, for what I considered “good deals", only to keep pumping the breaks, as we were headed into the winter months. That's when a local dealership here (Green Bay, WI), had a 2017 Hellcat (white knuckle with factory carbon fiber stripes), that was more than I thought I'd ever get. Here's the catch. The day I finally called on it to work on a better price, the car was en route to the auto auction because the dealership wasn't willing to sit on the vehicle over the winter months. I told the dealership they were asking too much, and that's when the manager informed me it was in transit to the auction. He told me it's still for sale until it hits the auction, so he asked what I'd pay. I threw out a stupid number, that thought would get laughed off. The car was like new, with 2,700 miles, owned by an older gentleman who drove it for 3 months before trading it in for a GT350. Anyways, the sales manager said he needed to crunch some numbers, and the next thing I knew I was giving a deposit on the car. The dealership netted an additional $400 with my offer compared to the auction route. So I guess you could say I overpaid by $399.

After seeing the HC Redeye widebody in 2018, I had to have it. Right around mid November 2020, I was searching yet again. That is when I found this site, followed some threads, and then located what I considered my dream Hellcat, all the way in Oklahoma. It had 15 of the 17 wants, on the Dodge website build page, sitting inside a dealership. No need to build it, and I got the dealership discount and the Power Dollars. Yes, I know, Dave Ramsey says NEVER purchase a new vehicle, but.......... After negotiating for about 2-3 weeks, I landed my current Hellcat, and could not be happier, a 2020 Hellcat Redeye widebody, white knuckle with the satin graphics package, a must in my search, as well as the red seat belts, HK package, and Laguna leather. BTW, am I the only one thinking red seat belts a re a must in a Hellcat?!?

Well, that's my story.
View attachment 566354
I'm with you on the Red Seat Belts. That is the only option that my HC did not have that I really wanted. I have a 2020 White Nuckle Charger with the Black Laguna Leather package, Gloss Black Roof and Red Calipers.
Your car looks like it has tinted windows from here. I actually tinted the windows on mine yesterday.
I actually drove mine off the showroom floor as well. What a feeling!

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Hi guys...a newbie here. I just sold my 2018 HC Charger in Indigo Blue....it sold fast. I am in the process of ordering a new redeye and just cannot decide between Hellraisen or Atomic Red for the color. The build your own charger site does not show atomic red in their color selection yet. The Hellraisen seems to look pretty good with the silver stripes and vapor colored granite rims. I wish I could get the atomic red in that site so you can rotate it around. My future plans for mods on the redeye are only an oil catch can, DIRS differential support and possibly MT drag radials after I have the fun of burning up the stock tires.
I also am going to wheel it out as soon as I get it, and try my hand at doing a ceramic coating on my own.

Glenn
Wait, what? Atomic Red? Buy it just because that is THE coolest paint color name in automotive history?
BTW, how is it different than Octane Red or Tor Red?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wait, what? Atomic Red? Buy it just because that is THE coolest paint color name in automotive history?
BTW, how is it different than Octane Red or Tor Red?
I had apparantly gotten bad info on that color from another site. All the pics of the octane red are awesome, and that was the color I was referring to. My buddy has an octane red and it looks like a drab burgundy. Maybe everyone else just gets more sun than Michigan, but his 2018 is garage kept, never been in the rain or car wash and simply does not look like any of the pictures other guys post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New to the forum and hellcat ownership. Not new to owning a tire melter. Purchased a white Charger 392 Daytona new in 2017. Gave it up for a bit and just upgraded to my 2018 Charger Hellcat in octane red. Things a beast. Why would you bother with an all season tire ?
Matt

·
Registered
73 Posts
I really did not notice any improvement in traction with the summer tire, but I sure did notice that it wore out quicker. If out in the occasional rain or a nice sunny but cold late fall day the all season tire is a huge difference in traction for safety.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ended up putting a set of General summer tires on to test. Seem to ride nice. I mean let’s be realistic there isn’t much other the DOT slicks that are going to get these beasts to hook and put the power down from a dig.

·
Registered
Chargers: 08 SRT, 19 Hellcat, 21 Redeye
66 Posts
Been a member for 3 years, only posting now because I cannot respond to a wanting to buy post without more. Sorry. Just reading posts here the whole time has been really helpful though.

2901 - 2920 of 2942 Posts